Wiring For EK Header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

azn_pryde

my EK comes stock with 2 O2 sensors....i put aftamarket headers on and need to rewire my o2 sensors...my headers only have one buttplug...so what colors do i need to splice into each other to work...or will it even work...?

I'm not sure if that will work but you can always go to a muffler shop and have them weld an o2 bung into your existing piping.

you probably got the wrong ones what type is your car LX,EX,HX,SI,CX the EX is probably the header you got becuse it has only one on the header and on in the bottom of the cat which the cat on d16y7 is the header its self and the ex has a header like a regular one and the cat is atached to it under the car so you probably got the wrong one.

ya boy steveo

It's an HX....an yeah i did buy da wrong one...i figured that out today...but i mean i got it for the low so i couldnt say no..it came off of a DX...so what can i do besides makin a new whole in my exhaust piping..??...

Originally posted by azn_pryde@Apr 24 2005, 01:05 PM
It's an HX....an yeah i did buy da wrong one...i figured that out today...but i mean i got it for the low so i couldnt say no..it came off of a DX...so what can i do besides makin a new whole in my exhaust piping..??...
[post=490839]Quoted post[/post]​

just get an O2 bung welded in after the cat. Or don't even hook it up. Just zip tie it under that car and it will be good.

if you relocate your o2 sensor to down by the cat you will end up throwing a check engine light with your obd2 ecu... i had the same problem with my 98 ex - your ecu is pretty picky about voltage and you can cause a drop by extending your wiring - also your exhaust gas has a tendancy to cool down enough by the time it will reach your cat resulting in throwing a too rich/too lean code or a primary o2 sensor slow response code - don't remember exactly which numbers they are though...

Back