wiring harness issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
okay, im trying to get my wiring harness issues straightened out.

right now, i have a 98 civic (obd2). the stock engine harness connects directly to the ecu.

on my b16, i have an integra engine harness, which connects to the in-the-car harness via connectors on the shock towers.

i need to get my B16 wired up somehow. the guy that i've been dealing with this whole time is telling me i just need an integra in-car harness, but that sounds like it'd be a bitch to wire up. i say that i just need a 99-00 Si harness.

how hard would it be to put a new in-car harness in?

any suggestions?

if the new motor is in the car, it will be a bitch. if the motor is out of the car it won't be that difficult. the "engine bay haness", connects at the shock towers which makes it easy to pull out. What motor are you putting in the car, As long as the motor is OBD 2 and the integra Harness is for an OBD 2. Then the harness will bolt on the the motor with no problem, and then plug into the shock towers no problem. Then just run the OBD 2 ECU and it works fine.

Darin

the obd2 harness is one complete peice, it does not connect at the shock tower. the harness is complete and runs directly from the ecu to the motor.

i am confused by the original post tho, are you trying to intstall an obd1 motor into an obd2 car?

if so the easiest way to do it would be to use your stock(obd2) harness and wire it up to run on the obd1 motor, and then get an obd2b-obd1 conversion harness and run the obd1 ecu. the only other option would be to take out all of the original wiring in the car and completely replace it with the wiring from the obd1 car (read- this is so much work, and a complete waste of time).

i need to get my B16 wired up somehow. the guy that i've been dealing with this whole time is telling me i just need an integra in-car harness, but that sounds like it'd be a bitch to wire up. i say that i just need a 99-00 Si harness.

you don't even need a new harness, unless the obd2 harness you have doesn't include the vtec wires, even then you could still add those. use you obd2 harenss and the obd2 sensors from your d-series engine. it will be completely plug and play, except the b16 ecu. what ecu do you have?

its an obd0 motor...

im using an obd2 IM and dizzy.

cant use my stock harness cuz my ecu is an obd2b and the plugs dont match up

Your best bet is to just use an 96-98 ex harness.

From what I have heard (no first hand experience on this part yet), is the green connector that plugs into the dash harness is different from the 96-98 (or OBDIIa)and the 99-00 civic (or OBDIIb). This might only be your problem besides have'n to get an OBDIIa ecu also.

wait, if you car is obd2b( are you sure thats what it is?) and the si ecu you have is obd2b then you can use the 99-00 si harness. but i thought 98's were obd2a.

somone correct me if i am wrong.

Back