wiring harness question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

:hmm: ok here is the deal if you don't remember me quick refresh on what i am doing. I have a 97 civic lx and i got an b16a engine i converted everything on it to be obd2 now the only thing i am having a hard time with is the wiring harness i want to have the engine wired before i put it in so i am looking for a wiring harness, now here is the question at hand. i know i was told to a) use my stock harness and add on some things or B) get a 96-98 ex wiring harness and do some mods to it, now the thing is what do i need to do to the wiring harness to make it work on my b16a(3) engine please let me know thanks guys :worthy:

you will have to add a knock sensor wire, add 3 vtec wires, change the wiring for the idle air control valve from a 3 wire (rotary) to a 2 wire (linear), and change the wiring to the plug at the crankshaft fluxuation sensor. You'll also have to cut the plug for the distributor connection and change it to one that will mate with the b16 dizzy plug

edit - this explanation works with the stock lx harness

the ex harness already has a linear IAC valve, so you wont have to change that, but you will have to add a second O2 sensor because the Ex had it wired through the cabin harness, not the engine side.

Back