wiring help/tucking/cooling help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trash man

who put the "S" in lisp?
Hello all,

I'm attempting a wire tuck on my eg hatch and was wanting to know if anyone had any tips or tricks. I've been told that cutting and extending or shortening wires could cause a difference in resistance, but I don't see how that could be possible unless you're using the wrong gauge than the factory wiring. Also, I need to figure out how to wire the cooling fan to come on with the car, not the switch. Any and all help would be very much appreciated. I've googled for days and keep coming up with the same links........thanks again!

The fan can be ran direct by bypassing the line it is suppose to go to and tap in a line that goes to a key powered source.

as far as tucking the wires. i don't knwo enough but have read numerous threads that have pictures of Eg hatches and working the engine bay to make it 'naked' so search around and find something similar. you said you looked but I just found one (but its not on this site) I remember another one but can't recall. He had a EG with a K series. He welded and covered a bunch of holes and put most stuff undet the dash. right hand drive and it was white. Sorry I can't be more help

you gotta have a lot of patience with wire tucks. i did a little one on my del sol, just to get the big shit gone and it takes a while.

Hey, thanks for the info and the link. VERY informative. I did a shit ton of searching and didn't see that thread at all. I was on the fence about how to route the headlight wires.....either drill a hole in the side of the inner fender and run them through that or pull it all into the cabin, separate it and run it through the square cover in the doorjamb and then into the inner fender. What do you think? I guess I really need to start hacking away at that loom and see what goes where. I REALLY want to relocate the fuse box to inside the cabin, but I have no idea what I need to take out from behind the glove box to access the hole. Thoughts?

if its anything like my car you got a stuctural support bar and your air shite...
you should run the headlights through the fenders through the holes...
if you dont use your glove box much stick the fuse box in there, just make sure it dont ground out on anything.

Back