wiring help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92lude

hey i need some help here, i am doing a jdm h22 swap into my 92 prelude that had a h23 in it, and i have most of the wires connected but there are a few i dont have done, and i dont know where they go.
1. a group of 9 or so black wires w/ yellow stripes and yellow wires w/ black strips, theses wires are together and some off the engine with all the other wires but then go off in their own way, if anyone knows where that go please post.
2. a ground of yellow and red wires that come from somewhere under the throttle body.
3. a light blue wire, its in the main section of wires but has nowhere to go.
4. and last of all i need to know what color the vtec wires would be and how i run them inside and where i need to conect them at.

if anyone knows any of these can u please post it so i can get my car on the road soon.

not exactly im using the jdm wiring harness sent with the engine when i bought it, they said i just needed to extend the wires. but im still using the harness that is inside the car.

ok so ur sayin i should just take out what i already did and just use the old h23 wiring harness instead? even thought its a jdm motor and stuff? and how do i run the vtec wires?

it's late and I'm annoyed..but I still wanna help so forgive me..

HEY STUPID! DON'T EVEN FCKING THINK ALREADY. DO THIS AND DON'T QUESTIONS SHIT!

1) pull your stupid h22a (JDM) harness off the H22 and throw it to the side.

2) Pull your h23 harness off the motor

3) Put the h23 harness onto the h22 motor

4) put the h23 fuel rail onto the h22 motor

5) add the vtec plug onto the h23 harness and run it to the ecu. (from the h22 harness)

6) use the p13 (h22) ecu.

go drive.

don't be a fucking moron and use the JDM harness.

I hate women. (the reason I'm irritated)

ok i ran into a problem... i just talked to the kid that was workin on the car before me and he said he used the h23 harness on the car. so its on the car already, so that means i still need to know what those wires are. i also need to know what wires the vtec is, where they come out of the engine and what color they should be?

Engine half, Chassis Half.

You will use both halves that came stock with your car, period.

After that, you will have only about two wires to run for VTEC. The Pressure switch, and the solenoid. You run those wires straight from the points of origin directly into the correct pin at the ECU, using the pics that I left for you.

I prefer to use real pins at the ECU, but many people have just shoved in bare wire with some success. I did for a long time, but for reliablility reasons, I changed my mind later.

You need to switch over the Engine half of the H23 wiring harness to the H22 engine. Everything else should be left alone, besides the two extra wires. You already had a knock sensor and IAB, and you will need to ground the VTEC solenoid at a good place. I ran that wire less than six inches, and it works reliably.

that helps me out but then it doesnt becasue now i know about the vtec but the harness is still a mess because i talked to the kid that had the car before me. i originally thought he used the jdm harness that came with the car but i now found out that he used the h23 harness on the engine instead. i dont know y he took the protective casing off and spliced all the wires, so that is confusing me. i was just thinkin about looking for a whole new h23 engine wiring harness on ebay or sumpin like that, because that would be easier wouldnt it becasue the plugs should just to right in w/ no splicing anywhere on the engine right?

wow youve got some issues at hand all i can help u with is that you need to use the h23 harness which should still be ON THE H23 if not and the h23 harness is in fact already on the h22 in your car like you think than i would suggest getting a new harness is it is that butchered

I have a friend that made his own engine wire harness for a jdm b16. went to home depot and came back with alotta wires. his car works great from what ive seen.

i was just thinkin about looking for a whole new h23 engine wiring harness on ebay or sumpin like that, because that would be easier wouldnt it becasue the plugs should just to right in w/ no splicing anywhere on the engine right?

right.

The engine half of the harness will just plug right in, no splicing. After that you would only have two wires to run. You know we could help you out for sure then.

i dont think the making my own harness is an option right now because im pretty close to being done. and i dont know about gettin a whole new h23 harness either because the old on is still on the car and all the wires are ran except for a couple and the wires that arnt ran yet i think go to the injector resistors( those are the red and yellow wires coming from under the throttle body please tell me if im wrong) and also if anyone can tell me where those are that would be great.

Sounds like a handful. At this point I wish you the best of luck. If you do not have a helms, you need one. If you cannot afford one, ask your local Honda Dealer to look at their shop manual for your car, and the car that your engine came from. Make copies or hope the Library has it.

Hope it works out for ya.

hey thanks man im goin today to ask my honda dealer about it and hopefully get some copies and finish it up this week.

I was wondering if you could post page 11-21 of the book that you posted in your picture gallery, tab. I jsut need those plug pictures to complete my wiring, thanks.

I would gladly do so, but I can't. The pics you see are copies that I made from the Honda Shop Manual. They let me borrow it, just like I mentioned you should. I do have a chiltons, but it's not near as informative as a helms. Helms is the same as a shop manual.

Back