wiring issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

Ok ive done research on this but all the different information is confusing me. I Have a P72 ECU, the thing is ive read that 92 is already pre-wired for VTEC from the ECU to shock tower plug, and all i need to do is add wires the KS( to D3 on the ECU) and IAB ( to A17 on the ECU). I'm wondering where do exactly these wires are coming from? the KS and the IAB and how would i know whats the KS and IAB wires? i have a diagram giving to me http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/tech/wiring.92-95.jpg
but i really dont know how to use it? my engine is getting put in right now but the guy isnt sure about wiring Hondas.
I've been told to buy a 92-95 Ex wiring harness but i really dont have the money to spare, because it would be much cheaper just to add these 2 Wires. and what about this 4 wire 02 Sensor? do i need to add anything like that?
I would really appreciate the help.

are u saying u dont really understand that diagram?

You just run those wires straight through the firewall, doesnt even touch the harness

i think he's asking what slot the wires go to at the tower plugs.

i dont know about the iab but i can take a pic of the ks tomorrow.

ill try to get pics of where the o2 sensor wires go also.

its a pain in the ass.

im asking like where do those 2 wires come from? the KS and IAB?
like they have to have a place where they originate so where are these wires located so i can wire them to the ECU?

i can' tell you off the top of my head where the IAB is...
but the knock sensor is on the back of the block. if you are looking at the block from the rear, it will be above and to the left of the oil filter, it's the closest to the top of the block. it is usually green in color. you can run those wires directly to the ecu through the firewall. an as for the IAB, i would just get a Skunk2 intake manifold, and you dont have to worry about it, plus you get more performance.

and yes you are correct that your car is pre-wired for vtec, except for the knock sensor.

-Robbie

from hybridgarage.com

B18C1 in EG Civic:
Check on the following 7 lines to see if everything is there and if they are hooked up right.

Desciption Wire Color Pin/Connection

VTEC Solenoid......................Yellow/Green................................A4
VTEC Oil Pressure Sensor.......Blue (passenger side harness).......D6
VTEC Ground.........................Black..................................chassis ground
Knock Sensor.........................Red/Blue..................................... D3
Evap Purge Power.................Yellow/Black...........12V power (hot in ON or START)
Evap Purge Solenoid...............Red.............................................A20
Secondary Intake Solenoid......Pink/Blue.....................................A17

the IAB actuator is on the driver's side of the intake mani., and is hard to see...
it will have the pink/blue wire coming out of it.

knock sensor is below it, and towards the Driver's side, and has a red wire w/ blue tracer...

What i have started doing on my swaps is this,

rather than modify the existing harness....

Go to radio shack, and by an 8-pin molex connector kit, so you can make your own 2-piece harness, that will separate at the shock tower.

i have an assortment of different colored wire, as i also do alarm installs, but what i do is this...

find the IAB, and cut the wire going to it. add a wire long enough to reach from the IAB to the pass.-side shock tower.

do this for all the wires you have to add, and use the molex kit to make your own connector.

use corresponding colored wire on the other side of it, and run them into the car

then, you can pull the pins you need to pull, and add them...

the main advantage of this setup is that you can do the swap, and if you ever decided to put the stock motor back in, you would have your old harness intact.

if you need someone to make the subharness for you, i can do it for very little money

PINOUT::

ecupins.gif

Back