Wiring obd1 swap to obd2 civic coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

balut

Hi HondaSwap members!

It's my first post on this enormous forum, I've been visiting this place for a long time and today i've just registered. I'm from spain, and I have done some D16's rebuilds but now I need some info to do a bigger swap.

The car is a '99 Civic coupe EJ8, with the D16Y8 engine, very similar to the famous D16Z6.

The problem is that I have bougt a '94 EG6 swap that is OBD1, and my coupe is OBD2 (i don't know if A or B, differences??)

I know that I need a harness like this OBD2 to OBD1 CONVERSION HARNESS HONDA CIVIC INTEGRA : eBay Motors (item 330414059302 end time Mar-24-10 12:13:43 PDT)

But what else I need to do the wiring? I haven't found any manual or how to to do this swap, I think that I have te rewire the distributor, but I don't know anyting else about it and I haven't found any info about this in this forum

I'm sorry but my inglish isn't very good;)

Thanks a lot for your answers, I'm in a bif problem now and I need your help.

If anybody have a jorney to Barcelona I invite you to drink some Beer's!

Thanks again!

hi
I dont think you will need to wire in the distributor. If you use the correct hareness then that will eliminate most wiring issues. You might need wire in the Knock sensor and maybe the vtec oil pressure sensor...
you need to be more clear on the swap in hand meaning
what engine your going to swap
what OBD2 is your car A or B cause the wiring is slightly different
cheers

i am doing a similar swap, d16z6 into my ej6.
so far i'm using obd2a to obd1 converison harness, (if yours is 99 should be obd2b to obd1) to be used with an obd1 ecu, p28 would be your best bet.
you will also need an adaptor for the distributor, rywire has them for $35 usd.
using your y8 injectors and alternator will save your some work.

also, i have been to barcelona, malaga, and torremolinos to drink lots of beer, rum, and sangria.

Back