Wiring question!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

almost all 92-95 civics come with all the chassis wires for vtec from the facotry, and only require you to run the wiring from the motor to the shock tower connectors.

Use search feature :) This is discussed many times in other threads (on this same page of listings, even.)

Thanxs for the heads up. Well, i was told a one point that all obd1 cabin harnesses were wired for vtec and than someone else said they weren't. But this finding concluded to me that the first theory was true. I appreciate all your guys help. Make it all plug and play when my ecu gets here. B)

the 92-95 civic dx and lx do not come with the wires/pins for vtec. all you have to do is go to the junk yard and get an extra female harness and get the pins out... I have some if you want to wait a couple of days....

Originally posted by civic92jak@Mar 10 2004, 01:44 PM
Thanxs for the heads up. Well, i was told a one point that all obd1 cabin harnesses were wired for vtec and than someone else said they weren't. But this finding concluded to me that the first theory was true. I appreciate all your guys help. Make it all plug and play when my ecu gets here. B)

ok.
The information these guys are trying to give you is slightly off (nice try guys!).

Lemme give it to you straight:

All 1992 ONLY civics are prewired for VTEC from the ecu plugs out to the engine bay's main harness plugs (on shock tower). This is for ALL 1992 models -- vtec & non-vtec.

BUT

The engine harness, obviously, is NOT pre-wired for VTEC on NON-VTEC models, such as your car. So, you'll have to wire in VTEC all the way to the shock tower plug and into the respective pinout on the main harness plug, which sounds like you've done.

Here's an image to help better explain, unless you already understand:
obd1.shocktowerplug_1.jpg

..once you do this, the P28 ecu will work just fine.

Hey guyz, my vtec kicked in so this will prove that ALL 92 civics have vtec wiring. I am so happy to have vtec now! :D Its so nice, the D15B pulls hard!

Back