wiring questions for 98ex vtec swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18civics

Hello everyone!...

Here is the issue that im working with...

I have a 98 ex and I already put a b18b1 in the car. So the wiring and all that has been done for the b18b1... I had a REALLY SHITY tuner and to make a long story short the b18 is now out of the car :( . Now I decided that I want to go with a frankenstien motor, have to upgrade to vtec :D . Now in order to do this I know there is special wiring that needs to be done for the vtec, does anyone have a rundown on switching it over to vtec after the b18b1 wiring was already done. Please let me know, and it would help if you had like to an article or something or what I have to do with what wires to make the motor function correctly. Thankyou all VERY much for your help in advance .

im not sure what special wiring you talkin about but most people would just run the vtec, knock sensor, etc.. straight to the ecu..

Originally posted by qtmac_mien@Feb 5 2005, 11:23 PM
im not sure what special wiring you talkin about but most people would just run the vtec, knock sensor, etc.. straight to the ecu..
[post=456959]Quoted post[/post]​

Just wondering, is the knock sensor plug same as the temperature sender plug?

what do you mean by same plug?? like as in can you plug a knock sensor in the place of a tem sensor?? if so NO you cant.. if your asking about the female plug that plugs into the sensors, then ya i think you can use a knock sensor female plug in the place of a temp.

Back