Wiring with ZC ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

parkerfly

I apologize if this is already posted, but finding info on the ZC swap without searching on ZC because its only 2 letters is tricky.

I'm swapping a ZC DOHC engine, trans, and ecu into a 91 CRX HF. Since I'm using the ZC ecu can I just use the ZC wiring harness as well? It’s complete except for one group of wires coming off the fuel rail which have been sliced... do I just splice those together with the matching part of the harness on the car?

I'm probably way over-simplifying this... thank God for these forums to set me straight!
:worthy:

you will need to take the harnes from the HF and put it on the ZC. only one change is needed, your ZC has the cam sensor on the end of the Ex cam, the HF's is in the dizzy. Cut the connector for the ZC's cam sensor off of the harness(leave plenty of wire). take the blue/yellow and blue/green wires from your HF harness and splice them on to the corresponding colors for the connector to the ZC cam sensor.
other than possibly having to extend a few wires that is the only wiring you have to do.

hope that helps

Originally posted by racintweek@Mar 14 2005, 02:44 PM
you will need to take the harnes from the HF and put it on the ZC. only one change is needed, your ZC has the cam sensor on the end of the Ex cam, the HF's is in the dizzy. Cut the connector for the ZC's cam sensor off of the harness(leave plenty of wire). take the blue/yellow and blue/green wires from your HF harness and splice them on to the corresponding colors for the connector to the ZC cam sensor.
other than possibly having to extend a few wires that is the only wiring you have to do.

hope that helps
[post=473413]Quoted post[/post]​

you will need to swap connectors at the distributor - the HF/Si engine harness has a round 7-wire connector - the DOHC ZC distributor has a square 5-wire connector - you need to swap the connector from the ZC harness onto the HF harness, matching wire colors at both sides of the connector and run the 2 left over wires (blue/green and blue/yellow) to the green plug on the Cylinder Position Sensor on the end of the exhaust camsahft, again matching wire colors

Yeah, thanks! If anyone thinks of something else let me know. I have next week off work to try and get this thing in and running.

Well I Did The Same Swap But Dont Know Where The Wires Of Vtec Go To!!!i Know It Goes To The Ecu But Where?????everything Is Running But Not The Vtec

Back