wobbly shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pork1463

I just put a b16 in my cx hatch and the shifter is moving around like it's in nutral when it's in gear. Also first gear is almost touching my knee,and reverse is way the hell over by the pass. seat. doe anyone know what's wrong? Do I need a new linkage????
thanks,
Mel. :wtf:

Did you put the bolt back through the shifter and torque rod? Did you make sure that the bushings didn't fall out? When I did mine, a couple months later the nut on the bolt though the torque rod/shift rod backed off and the bolt started coming out, had the same feeling you are describing.

Same thing happened to me after i did my swap - it turned out that my shifterbushings were nonexistant - you should be able to see where the bushing should go under the car - just call a honda dealership and buy a replacement bushing - mine was $10

I know none of the bolts are loose cause I checked it 100 times. I'll for sure look into the bushings though. one of my freinds told me the same thing but I couldn't figure out how the bushings would make a difference.thanks guyz... mel... :spin:

Back