Wont rev past 6400!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey I just did my h22 swap in my accord at it seems to be working ok! But for some reason it cuts out at around 6400 like it would at rev limit... I know this is not where the rev limit is on these motors or p13 ecus... should be upper 7's!! Can anyone figure this one out! NO CODES are being thrown.. however my car has the vaccuum sound leak some times and than 2 minutes later it will be okay! My buddy thinks he knows what that is but that shouldnt have anything to do with the early rev limit! What do you guys think!

As far as I can tell, there are only 3 reasons why you'd only be revving to 6400.

1. You're throwing a code that's preventing VTEC from engaging.
2. You're not using a P13 ECU.
3. You're using an ECU that for some reason has been chipped to redline at 6400 rpm.

a friend of mine had a 91 hatch with a b18a, and could never get it to rev past 4k. after messing with it for a long time and getting fed up, he sold the car for almost nothing. the guy he sold it to fixed it the night he picked it up. a few vacuum lines were messed up, and that was all it was.

Another thing is make sure you have proper oil pressure. Vtec will not engage with out proper oil pressure and the ecu sends it into safe mode. And it will only rev to 6400. We had :ph34r: the same thing happen to a gsr swap we did. Low oil. just a tech tip!

Hey Thats a good thinking... i have the oil psi gauge on it and it is 90 psi but i have the psi gauge off to the side so im thinking it must not be getting enough psi it looks like this
SENSOR
^
^
Block->->->->->->------- PSI GUAGE

So in esence it T's off the block make sense????

wow that display did not come off right... but before when I had the gauge on my stock motor i had the sensor on the very end which if you look at the flow of oil it would put more psi on it... but i didnt think it would matter where it went so when i trasnfered it to the h22 block I had at the end the line that ran to the gauge.. beacuse it is mechanical... so its takin a lot away from it even though the guage now runs a higher pressure... make sense now?? lOl you have to see it or imagine it!

Back