won't rev past 6500 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LPR Racing

<span style="font-size:11pt;line-height:100%">I really need someone help out there, i did a swap on a 96 Hatch DX, i put a GSR in it. I used the stock Dx wire harness. Did the repining for IACV, match the wire for the CKF sensor, ran the vtec and the knock sensor inside and am using an OBD2a adapter harness with a P28 chipped ecu. After the swap was finished car started no problem. Except it wont rev past 6500 rpm. I changed distributors, from brand ODD-1 to Brand new OBD-2 dizzy. I changed computers, wire harnesses and nothing seems to work. It still won't rev past 6500 rpm. Can anyone help me</span> :worthy:

have you driven the car? sounds like your vtec isnt wired. if you are not in gear (clutch doesnt count) the vtec doesnt engage, and your revs are capped about that point.

Thats not true, even if vtec dosn't work the ecu will not lower rev limiter especially on a chipped p28 which probably has the rev limiter removed. Run through your grounds and make sure everything is straight.

well i know its true on an H22. if im stupid and try to REALLY drive before the car warms up the engine hits a rev limiter at 6300 RPMs.

Quoted post[/post]]
Thats not true, even if vtec dosn't work the ecu will not lower rev limiter especially on a chipped p28 which probably has the rev limiter removed. Run through your grounds and make sure everything is straight.

when i first did my swap last year(gsr into 93 dx) i had two chipped ecus that i tryed using. one with rev limit of 86k and one that was unlimited and both limited at 7k when my vtec wasnt wired right. its been proven tmie and time again. check your wiring

and if you want to keep the traffic local..you can get the same info out of our reference section:

LINK

Back