World War Z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
I liked it. Way more than I thought I would... and now that I've seen it, I'm going to attempt to read the book- even though most of the reviews say that the book sucks compared to the movie.

havent seen the movie yet... and to be completely honest, as disapointed as i am with the previews, i dont know that i will even bother seeing it in a theater... will likely wait for it to show up on demand or somthing

from the previews and reviews from people who have read the book, the movie has just about 0 in common with the book... aside from zombies
and most of the reviews ive seen from people who had read the book said they were far from impressed with the movie
a few said the movie wasnt bad as long as you looked at it as being completely separate from the book in any way

i read the book a few years ago and thought that it was excellent
the format would be a bit hard to turn in to a movie while staying true to the book... but it would have made a GREAT mini-series

I also read the book a good while back, and really enjoyed it. Im looking forward to seeing the movie, even though im sure its much different. I think ill wait for Netflix though.

I finished the book about a week before I saw the first trailers for the movie. Just from that I can say it seems to be nothing like the book. The book isn't really a story - it's more of a fictional history book of a zombie war that follows a dozen or so people.

Ah ok, I'll read the book then. The reviews that related both were mostly saying that "the movie is more focused" and has a definite storyline that follows through the duration as opposed to jumping from character to character.

well yeah... the book is a series of interviews with survivors after the fact that tell the story of what happened durring "the war" from several individuals perspectives

you'll always have the pretentious asshats who say "meh, the book was better" GTFO then hipster.

the book is a collection of first hand accounts in roughly chronological order of the events that occured in each area over YEARS. basically tracking the spread of the infection and the effect on the world and response of different bodies (military, public, corporations, etc). just like the book says, it's a HISTORY of the zombie war.

I havent seen the movie yet, but it seems to be more of a story of one guy trying to keep his family safe during the onset of the infection and subsequent panic and SHTF scenario. basically the equivalent of 1-2 stories/chapters from the book. am i right?

I'm stoked to see it. I heard the Brad Pitt bankrolled a lot of the money and was very involved with producing/writing.

I have the book and I've been to a Max Brooks discussing on zombies when I was in college. Great book.

you'll always have the pretentious asshats who say "meh, the book was better" GTFO then hipster.

"You ever talk about a movie with someone who read the book? They're always so condescending, "Ah, the book was much better than the movie." "Oh really? What I enjoyed about the movie? No reading. It only took two hours, and then I could take a nap."
-Jim Gaffigan

The book was great, so I'll see the movie just for comparison purposes. In these types of situations I usually go in with 0 expectations of the movie having anything to do with the book at all. So if there are some similarities and it's entertaining, I'll be happy. I'm not expecting a 100% adaptation of the book here, especially with Brad Pitt starring.

tumblr_m0iu4m5W241r2rwc8o1_500.jpg

i did the audibook of World war Z and was wondering how they were going to make a movie out of it. I guess i'll wait and see...9/10 the books are just so much better. Mists of Avalon/Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series/hungar games series/ the books were better but im not hating on the movies they were really good too.

I read American Gods by Neil Gaiman and i guess Tom Hanks is funding this book to be a HBO series....im wicked excited abut that. Read ths book if you have not..

Reading is DULL AS SHIT. Oh, I've tried. but I hate reading. Every book out there is a murder mystery. Just about all of these english language books are about some chick getting killed, and her sister is finding the murder. Dude, look it up. That's all there is.

Luckily Zombies replaced vampires, so that's good. I can at least relate to the zombie story because I'm surrounded by nothing but zombies (My wife calls them "The Vaccinated") and I can lose myself in a world where permission is given to saw them in half with a 12 gauge.

But other than, books so aren't worth reading. All the good ones have been written, and read, and essayed, and talked about, and now are so strange that it's tough to read the.

I get my certifications from books. I get my kicks from movies. God, I hate books.

I'm bumping this because I finally saw World War Z tonight. I've got to say, the movie was pretty good. I like movies though, and when I watch one, I don't spend the entire time analyzing every detail, or comparing it to other mediums. Also, anyone else think the Israeli girl was kind of hot?

The one with the shaved head, kinda looked like a dude at a glance... even if she was hot, the bald kills every bit of boner possibility.

And yeah, i just saw the movie too. I liked it, and so did the wife. The book and the movie are good in their own ways.

Back