1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth a Tune?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Domi31, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Domi31

Domi31 Member

Ok this past summer I broke my final drive or LSD (still need to pull the tranny apart)

Im going to repace with LSD and go with a 4.7 final no matter which one is busted.

I want to go turbo but wont have the money untill end of next year earlist. So I was thinking is it worth having a Tune from my S200 Hondata system (non-boost) for my car as N/A,

I have to buy a Wideband O2 anyway and bigger Ingectors, I already have a 255lph fuel pump and a OBD1 P28 that has been chiped with Type R base & has the 4pin datalogger in it. But is it worth tunning as a 97 JDM B18C-R with only bolt ons? Will be going to a pro for tunning. Then only money I will be wasting (since these are things I need for turbo) is on the tune.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  2. mtber

mtber Junior Member

I have seen pretty good gains from simply dyno tuning stock b18c5 setups with intake/header/exhaust. Make sure you purchase a set of cam gears so that they can be dialed in on the dyno.

My recommendation is you research a tuning solution called crome.
    It does the same shit hondata does but a lot cheaper.

I recommend you read over phearable.net

Good Luck.

3. Domi31

Domi31 Member

Yeah i know about the other tunners, but I already have the hondata S200 system, for turbo I am looking at chrome.

I dont want to buy a header for the fact it will be gone (unless I can put it on my 95 LS integra), and I dont want to wasit that much money only even bothering with looking at a tune becuase it is on the same route I have to go for turbo.

I am asking is it worth it, keep in mind dyno cost alot of money, and if im not going to see decent improvment then I dont want it.

but if they change VTEC and find out best shift points and when best to luanch my car (Oh this is for drag) and a few extra Hp to see a imporvment on the track by a few tenths then it would be worth it.
    I dont know what type of improvments I will see since I dont have any big mods, they will be tuning a somewhat stock motor.

here is a quick list of mods: CAI, pully kit, clutch, flywheel, no cat, 2.25 exhuast, extreal coil, bf drag radials and a sick ass old tint job (now bubbling and turing purple)

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i wouldn't bother.... sure, theres 10+ hp locked up in there, but the cost isn't worth it, when ultimately, its not the goal of the car. just save up for your final setup.

5. Domi31

Domi31 Member

Yeah I guess it is better just to wait, I could use the money for a front mount or something else for the turbo setup

(this iwhat I have: T3 garrnet 60/63, fuel pump, and a preped ecu and that it, so I need to get going on it)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted