worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cointelpro

i got a 91 civic 3 door and im lookin for something 120+ HP. i dont care about vtec but i would like dohc. i dont have a vast amount of money and im not worried about low compression for turbo i just want something to get me around a little faster, ive been pushing around b16 or zc. are there any other good choices out there anyone has done? what would be the best hp increase for my money? i cant spend more than 2 grand and thats pushing it.

umm try a b18a, good torque, long gears for good highway driving. way faster than stock, not to crazy in price. easy to find parts for. easy swap. tell us plans with ur car, and aspirations for car and i can give u a better decision. also tell us how much u know about cars, that will also help in our reccomendations. 4 best swaps.

d16z6
ZC
B18a
B16a

we also need to know what 3 door civic u have, Si? CX? DX? HF?

i got a dx 3door, and as of now im just looking for naturally inspired power. i just wanna be able to beat that old guy in the lincoln off the line. my plans are to leave the body alone and go sleeper style. all work done under the hood. i dont know the most about hondas but i dont know the least.. i know enough to look here for help :D i have installed some minor things like coilovers intake etc, and have watched some full engine swaps but im not a mechanic.

also, ide really like to stay away from changing my OBD. ive heard it was a bitch... unless you guys could give me some pointers on how to switch from 0-1 easily...

Originally posted by cointelpro@Sep 28 2003, 10:34 PM
i got a 91 civic 3 door and im lookin for something 120+ HP. i dont care about vtec but i would like dohc. i dont have a vast amount of money and im not worried about low compression for turbo i just want something to get me around a little faster, ive been pushing around b16 or zc. are there any other good choices out there anyone has done? what would be the best hp increase for my money? i cant spend more than 2 grand and thats pushing it.

boost the fucker and have enough $$$ left over to get you to high 13's

:withstupid:
On going faster:
B18A1, is the way to go for people on the budget. You'll need to get cable trans, the ecu, I think axles have to be made for this, you'll need shift links made or by from www.Hasport.com. convert from DPFI to MPFI... I think thats about it...

On Stopping Faster becuase of going faster:
Also, whne you go thinking about going faster, do you think about stopping quicker too. well you should. consider investing into a Rear brake setup from a 90-93 Integra w/o ABS...

FYI- And it isnt naturally inspired, it's natually aspirated.. if you were talking about Forced Induction.

so i found a b18 out of an LS integra. but he is missing the exhaust manifold and has a blown head gasget, he has the ecu, but is missing tranny, he wants $350 for the engine and ecu, but i was gonna try and talk him down to 300 seeing as the engine has some problems and missing parts. what you think?

if your worried about money stay SOHC. slap a vtec head on. reliable cheap custom turbo and mac on B18A/B's...dont need to worry about axles linkage tranny. fuck the bullshyt

A mini-me swap is inexpensive and if done right can produce the same HP as a stock B-16a and produce slightly more torque, with out the extra 125 lbs.

I did not believe the numbers either until I saw the dyno print out and track slips of a 91CRX Si with the mini-me swap!!!

Of coarse there are many other options as well, but the mini-me is by far the cheapest and easiest. Good Luck.

cool. ive heard alot of good things about mini-mes, but im not sure exactly which head to get..... (sorry im a newb)

Originally posted by 91dxSiR@Oct 17 2003, 03:56 PM
spend the money, get a b18 or b16...

I dont think he will. He's one of those ppl that wants to be "different" ;)

Of coarse there are many other options as well, but the mini-me is by far the cheapest and easiest. Good Luck

a mini-me swap is neither the cheapest or the easiest. especially if you don't do the labor yourself. the cheapest is a $400 nitrous kit. a 50 shot will put you around the 120 hp you are looking for.

but if you shop around you can get a zc swap for pretty cheap. that's about the only dohc you can get done for less than $2000. a b series will cost more after you pay for mounts and all that extra shit. but if you are going to swap i say zc on your budget.

Originally posted by swapdohc@Oct 13 2003, 11:49 PM
A mini-me swap is inexpensive and if done right can produce the same HP as a stock B-16a and produce slightly more torque, with out the extra 125 lbs.

I'd like to see the dyno charts on that one, doubt its going to be too cheap after you get it to match a b16...

Back