1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth the upgrade

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by reikoshea, Sep 8, 2005.

1. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Right now i have KYB GR-2s on my lude, and i was wondering if it would be worth changing those for Tokico Illumina (white) or the Koni Yellows. I have Eibach springs, but those are probably going to need to be replaced...the right front is squeaking bad...went around a corner WAAAAYYYYYY!!! too fast and when i caught the fish tail (with the ebrake in my FWD) the spring wouldnt stop squeaking.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Are you sure it's the spring's fault that you're squeaking? Make sure they're seated correctly. Illuminas and Yellows are good- if you have to cash to spend on them for an upgrade and your GR-2s are worn out, they're both excellent choices.

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

I just bought the GR2s because i wanted to lower the car, and i didnt want to do it on stock shocks.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Ok- I wouldn't replace them unless they're blown or unless you really just want to get rid of them though. If you're having problems going around turns and have weird sounds coming from your suspension, I'll bet something went together wrong.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted