Would you buy this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

First off, I'd bet $50 that it's a straight pipe made to look like a high-flow cat.

Second, I'd expect little to no gains from using that setup. OBX is below even DC in terms of their header quality. I think you could expect a couple of horsepower from removing your cat, and you'll be lucky to see any gains from using the OBX header.

I have seen some obx stuff and to be honest some of their products are a direct knock off of higher priced aftermarket parts.

They sell a JDM DC 4-1 header, and tons of other shit that looks promising for the buck, me personally I wouldn't buy most of their products but some of their shit is not that bad.

They sell a nice turbo extension much like the greddy unit for half the price, but when dealing with exhaust parts welding is an issue.

It is a straight pipe, not a high flow cat..... We got set up with Bomz Racing where I work for inexpensive stuff for cheap asses and ordered that exact header and cat..... For the price, its hard to beat, just don't get the OBX Turbo manifolds.

what is wrong with dc? i used to have one and then i put a stock one on and i felt a difference in high end power. i was planning on buying another.

basically you have to really fuck up to make something that is worse than a stock header, unless its an ITR header or something. The low end civic header isn't exactly a performance masterpiece.

Look at where the O2 sensor bung is. It's :poop: The worst thing you can do for engine management is pull your O2 reading from only one cylinder. I say PASS on this deal.

Originally posted by highperboi@Nov 4 2003, 10:52 PM
what is wrong with dc? i used to have one and then i put a stock one on and i felt a difference in high end power. i was planning on buying another.

:werd: my dc header made a huge difference when it was installed. dc does suck at making strut bars and they do sell alot of bling bling crap but they were like the US version of Mugen back in the early 90's. they were modifying NSX's before anyone else over here! they definitely know how to make headers and exhausts.

OBX headers suck balls. I bought one of those cheap $100 headers from ebay for my old single cam and actually I felt slower. I was so mad because they were 4-1 and still sucked. I would not fall for that crap again. I bought a DC header after the OBX header off my friend that was 4-2-1 and it worked so much better. I believe that DC is a good company but their MAY be better. I have not seen anything better on dyno sheets even though everybody claims that DC sucks. DC= :thumbsup:

Back