Would you rock it?

2000 Legacy Sedan L Maroon Auto AWD

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get an acc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I am looking at getting a 4 door car. I wanted an 02 maxima with the o so sexy six speed, but that car is out of my price range. In my search I can apon this subaru. It's in good shape, 84000 miles, its an auto (boo), and its only had two owners. It was recommended to me by my mechanic who is also a friend of the family. They only want 6K for it, and it just got a new transmission (plus the transmission is covered for the life of the car), new radiator, new headgasket (since it had one of the recalled ones), and no rust.

Thoughts

Sounds like a good deal. our ops manager has one and it's nice.

I'd stay away. Subie auto trannies suck, even if it's a new one and fully warrantied. Non-turbo auto Legacy's are hellaciously slow, and it's probably only good for toting the wife and kids around in.

I'd get the Accord over that, depending on its year and the shape of the car.

With more initial cost and less of a percentage rate (If your credit is good) you can get the newer Legacys which are powers of 10 better than the old ones. But yeah, non-turbo and auto Subarus are doggedly slow.

Check out a 1998 Toyota Cressida. Detuned Supra engines, auto and RWD.

-> Steve

'04-'05 Legacy GT if you can afford it. Earlier ones are nice as well.

And I would get the 6 cylinder Altima with a manual transmission (I'm not sure if the new ones are 5 or 6 speed) before a Maxima. The maxima is a nice car but just too big for my likings. The new Altima with the 6 cylinder runs like a 14.2 quarter mile so its no dog.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 3 2005, 09:00 PM
[post=535535]Quoted post[/post]​

Completely different animal.

Pre-04 Legacy = normal 2.5L N/A AWD
'04/'05 Legacy = sweet turbo 2.5L 250 HP AWD pimpness

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 3 2005, 09:00 PM

And I would get the 6 cylinder Altima with a manual transmission (I'm not sure if the new ones are 5 or 6 speed) before a Maxima. The maxima is a nice car but just too big for my likings. The new Altima with the 6 cylinder runs like a 14.2 quarter mile so its no dog.
[post=535535]Quoted post[/post]​

It also torquesteers like a bastard (both the alti and maxi)

The Legacy sounds like pretty good car to me if you want it just for a daily driver. Other than that I would keep shopping around. :)

I am going for a daily driver. I have a sports bike, and I am going to get a new one next season. That covers my need for speed. I wanted to get a four door, and this car seems pretty good. I am very opposed to the automatic, but the price is good.

Back