WoW

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Ok well im getting ready to start to play it. I was just wondering who all plays it? Are you getting the expansion pack, the burning crusades, I guess it has a new continent 2 new races and a new level cap of 70.

i used to, theres been a few threads on it.

if youve ever played any mmo's before, especially for any lengthy period of time then do yourself a favor and skip WoW.

once you hit 60 there is literally NOTHING to do besides sit in a city for hours and wait on bg's.

gettign to 60 is fun, but once your there its gay.

yeah move onto ashen empires...its a lot of fun.

if you dont like pvp, there is a non pvp server (ive played on it for years...has a community like no other game out there)

check it out...i dont remember if it is a one week one month or three month trial...its been so long since i got free time

http://www.ashenempires.com

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah move onto ashen empires...its a lot of fun.

if you dont like pvp, there is a non pvp server (ive played on it for years...has a community like no other game out there)

check it out...i dont remember if it is a one week one month or three month trial...its been so long since i got free time

http://www.ashenempires.com
Its blocked at school ill have to look at home. Is it a CD you can buy? I don't want to dl shit lol. But why don't you just start a new character if you hit 60?

because for me, that defeats the whole purpose of getting 60.

i mean in daoc i had 7 level 50's, but i played predominately on the ffa pvp server.
in WoW, my goal was to hit 60 so i could pvp like crazy and rank up. with the introduction of bg's, open world pvp disappeared. if you want to pvp you have to sit and wait on bg que, its gay.

been reading over ashen empires page.
looks like ultima online.
havent decided if ill try it or not :wink:

i remember when ultima online was the shit. thats the game that was the best, although the graphics werent superior, there was none of this "you can't attack me unless i consent" garbage. and there were no "levels" just skill points.

yeah...i really like AE for its resemblence to UO...i just like the people there even more. the cool stuff is there is no mana, free PVP, char levels are only used for stats (str, int, dex, con).

Gazillions of items, and its just soo much fun...its still hard after you hit lvl 105, its great great great.

uhh...diablo...no....nothing like it...HOLY SHIT nothing like it. Definitely a UO style game. Diablo is completely different.

I play WoW quite a bit... I've got 2 level 60 characters and a few lower levels that I am gathering the best items for their level for to pwn the PvP scene in battlegrounds.

As far as nothing to do at level 60, I completely disagree.

You have at your disposal at least 6 different elite dungeons to join raid groups and try to get the best items in the game (most are unattainable by yourself, no matter how much gold you gather), and you can play BattleGrounds for PvP if you get bored with raids or questing. Blizzard keeps adding new quests and instances for more end game experience.

There's Onyxia, the superuber dragon that even with a 10-40 man raid team of all level 60 characters, killing her is still an accomplishment! There's about 3 different set-levels of equipment to get for each character class. Each of which is a random drop off certain end game bosses, so gathering them is not a once time guaranteed thing.

If you get bored with all this, you can play an opposite faction character and have all new quests and experiences along your way to level 60. And THEN the expansion pack is scheduled to be released! W00t!

Micah, you're jaded to the game, it sounds like. You apparently didn't explore the possibilities of everything the WoW endgame has to offer.

Quoted post[/post]]
I play WoW quite a bit... I've got 2 level 60 characters and a few lower levels that I am gathering the best items for their level for to pwn the PvP scene in battlegrounds.

You have at your disposal at least 6 different elite dungeons to join raid groups and try to get the best items in the game (most are unattainable by yourself, no matter how much gold you gather), and you can play BattleGrounds for PvP if you get bored with raids or questing. Blizzard keeps adding new quests and instances for more end game experience.

There's Onyxia, the superuber dragon that even with a 10-40 man raid team of all level 60 characters, killing her is still an accomplishment! There's about 3 different set-levels of equipment to get for each character class. Each of which is a random drop off certain end game bosses, so gathering them is not a once time guaranteed thing.

If you get bored with all this, you can play an opposite faction character and have all new quests and experiences along your way to level 60. And THEN the expansion pack is scheduled to be released! W00t!

Micah, you're jaded to the game, it sounds like. You apparently didn't explore the possibilities of everything the WoW endgame has to offer.
well I was going to be a night elf I think, what are your lower levels? I would like to meet up in a game with someone for my first time to show me the ropes. I am pretty excited I have been wanting it for awhile and after media-play is closing I jumped on the 20% off computer games. I only wish they had the game passes.

Quoted post[/post]]

ok so i sit in the city and wait on a 4 hour bg que or i sit in a city for 4 hours trying to join a raid group.

no thanks.

some of those dungeons can only be done once a week and unless you wanna join a pug then your not going to be doing an epic dungeon every night.

pvp gear > pve gear, im not wasting hours trying to get a group then take hours to finish a raid and then maybe get a roll on something i might need.

i liked the game and all, the endgame just sucks.

I'm thinking about playing it. It looks really fun. Guild Wars is fun too, but it's just missing something.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

ok so i sit in the city and wait on a 4 hour bg que or i sit in a city for 4 hours trying to join a raid group.

no thanks.

some of those dungeons can only be done once a week and unless you wanna join a pug then your not going to be doing an epic dungeon every night.

pvp gear > pve gear, im not wasting hours trying to get a group then take hours to finish a raid and then maybe get a roll on something i might need.

i liked the game and all, the endgame just sucks.

What the hell do you expect? GUARANTEE'D drops for your class, EVERYTIME, and that you will be the one character to get it? What's the point in that? That would make end game last NO time at all, and it would suck because there's no randomness to it and you run that instance once and never go back.

You're being unrealistic, and expect too much to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Have you ever played DnD? If you did, your DM was WAY too giving on the uber items.

"What the hell do you expect? GUARANTEE'D drops for your class, EVERYTIME"

yes, thats what i get from pvpng :wink:

im just not a fan of pve is all. pvp is the only thing that keeps me playing mmo's after 7 years and WoW's pvp seriously lacks.

So why don't you play Guild Wars? I am still contemplating buying WoW again.

Back