1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong Oil?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by endlesszeal, May 14, 2003.

1. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

Honda makes great engines, no doubt. But why do they have to put the oil filter between the axles and intake manifold??? It took me a good half hour to replace that bad bitch!! :lol: Anyway, only 10 mins. left before sunset and i had to hurry and i just dumped in 10w-40 on accident! :blink: is that okay?? well it fuck up my motor? i kno its thicker and will make my car slower, but is it okay?? i kno honda recommends 5w-30 but i just 10w30 because it gets 110+ degrees here in cali.. anyway, anybody that knows nething please respond asap. thanks a whole bunch guys. later

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

it will be fine

3. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

what about this:
    Honda recommends using a 5W30 motor oil year-round. Heavy oils make an engine harder to start, which can strain the electrical system. Lighter oils flow easier once the cold engine starts, bringing vital lubrication to moving parts.
    my friend got it from somewhere.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

its warm out ... if this was winter id be a LITTLE concerned .... but seeing as the weather is warm its not like the oil is going to sludge up.... run it through to the next oil change or just change it out again when you can ... its not going to kill your car

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Yup, trust your fellow hondaswap.com honda enthusuist, it's OK, no worrys at all. It's like putting the strawberry air scent in your ride instead of the new car smell, yup, what will your buddies think of you know :ghey:

Milan

6. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

i used to run 10w40 all the time, and i live in socal. (that was before i realized i should be using 5w30)

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

So do I,and I am in Germany,where it gets hot about as often as San Diego freezes.

8. KingKamehameha2001

KingKamehameha2001 Junior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted