WRX Wastegate problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Hi Guys,

Recently my car has been acting really funny. When I hit the gas it seems the car starts to shake (if that makes sense) I feel the shakiness in the gas pedal, maybe like its being starved or something. I finally got a check engine light, I pulled into advanced auto and had this code read

P0244
Turbo/Sup Wastegate
Solenoid A
Range/Performance

I know its my wastegate, but what should I look for, I don't know anything much about Subarus under the hood, something I should replace or is it something fixable?

Thanks in advanced guys

-Phillip

Not a subaru guy at all, but i am a licenced tech for mazda, normally when a code sets for a solenoid of some kind being out a range, it is usually the solenoid, it knows its sending a voltage there, and it sees no change happening, so if it uses a solenoid for hte wastegate ( i wouldnt know) your first basic step would check to see if there is power at the solenoid, and check the resistance in the solenoid, if the resistance is low, more than likely the solenoid coils are shorted, that would give you a sol. range code, but like i said, im not a subaru guy. what ive said is just basic automotive knowledge, tryin to give you a head start or head you in the right direction if no one else with experience responds! :)

you car is modded if i remember correctly. is it still the stock turbo with internal gate, or is it new turbo + external gate?

Back