WTB: Civic, Civic si, Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

someone446

Hi, I'm looking for a civic or a crx to buy. Unfortunatly, my max budget is around 1k, and id like the car to be running. The year is not so important, so long as it is a stick. Ideally, the perfect car would be located realitivly close to new york, but I'm willing to make a bit of a trip if the right deal is proposed.
Thanks for looking, and let me know if you find anything, or know of someplace good to look.

Ouch. 1k is going to be pretty hard to satisfy, especially with gas prices as they are now, but you can probably find some running examples without AC in your area. Start hitting up all your local trader web sites and publications, and call people from AutoTrader every morning at 7am. 1k cars go fast!

Wow, I'm almost in the same exact position - looking for a CRX for no more than $2k. I've found a few, and one was sold litterally 2 hours before I was going to buy it. They can be found, but dilligence is key - keep looking and be willing to wait a while to find the deals.

I would reccomend Ebay to you. Most cars are pretty spendy, but there have been a few nice deals, but then location becomes an issue. Lucky for you, there are a lot of cars out east. I'm in MN, and finding anything close to home is difficult. Your case might be better. But again, be willing to put in the time and effort to find them. It might sound liek a gamble, and it can be, but Ebay sellers are legally bound, and most sellers are decent. I have a friend that bought a '96 Prelude on there, along with a JDM H22 and all of your standard bolt-on mods with great success. His girlfriend also got a '97 Civic EX that likewise is (was, till she was rear-ended last week) in good shape. I'm a believer. Give it a shot.

I also reccomend going to local you-pull-it yards (assuming they're legal in NY?) and seeing what they have out there for parts. You'll find a lot of deals for cars that aren't running optimally, and knowing where you can find fast and cheap replacement parts can save you money, although you may have to initially buy a car thats in rough shape. Finding parts for a D series should not be hard, just more time and effort needed since you're on a budget.

I wish you luck! I've been on this boat for 5 months and the seas are rough. But it can be done.

Keith

I was selling my 91 Civic hatch for $1000 before I read Calesta's post :)

Yeah, actually.. lets talk. I'm in CT, have a 91 Base civic with a D16 under the hood. It's still got DPFI, and a few bugs to work out. It'll come to you with no stereo.

Lemme know if you're interested.

my hatch is for sale for around 1k
new tires, new clutch, new battery, working ac, stick, no rust

the thread is a few down and im in PA, not too far from NY

hey i have a 1991 honda civic hatch burnt orange shaved handels, moldings, door popers flake in paint, benz-s500 fenders carbon pillers, tinted windows, new header back exhaust, stick color matched interior xplod speakers in door gutted from driver seat back and sprayed with fire proof rino liner and sound dampers fome in the wels let me know asap im letting it go for 500.00 th eonly thing it needs is a head gasket i live in suffolk county ny

Back