wtb - d series motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
i would like to buy a d series motor, but i dont need the tranny. What has happened is that one of my rings is bad, and i burn oil now. Instead of taking the time to work with the rings, i am just gonna put in a new motor. I dont wanna swap it out for a b series, because it is my daily automatic car. I use it for 40 mpg gas milage and that is it. I would like to buy a d15b7 so that it would be a direct replacement. If not i would like to buy a d16z6 with ecu and harness. I am looking to spend 200-250 depending on the condition of the motor for the Z6 and 75-100 for th B7. Those are motors people have just lying around somewhere... i know it :) I used to have one but i took it to the dump when i moved to my apartment. Well throw up there what you got, and i will pick it up if it is close to the baltimore metro area ~3-4 hours surrounding.

Quoted post[/post]]
i would like to buy a d series motor, but i dont need the tranny. What has happened is that one of my rings is bad, and i burn oil now. Instead of taking the time to work with the rings, i am just gonna put in a new motor. I dont wanna swap it out for a b series, because it is my daily automatic car. I use it for 40 mpg gas milage and that is it. I would like to buy a d15b7 so that it would be a direct replacement. If not i would like to buy a d16z6 with ecu and harness. I am looking to spend 200-250 depending on the condition of the motor for the Z6 and 75-100 for th B7. Those are motors people have just lying around somewhere... i know it :) I used to have one but i took it to the dump when i moved to my apartment. Well throw up there what you got, and i will pick it up if it is close to the baltimore metro area ~3-4 hours surrounding.

I have a good Z6 shortblock, couple of good a6 heads. My friend just did a mini me on a D15 so thats why there is no head

i have full d15b7 motor....the head needs to be put on and ill throw in a 5spd dx trans if ya want....100 for the motor....150 wit tranny...im in ct :mrgreen:

could you guys put up known problems with motor and also milage... i wont care if it is something i can fix with parts off my old motor, thats not a big deal. And no i will not need the tranny unless you wanna help me with a 5 speed conversion :)

&edut - and to you z6 crx... where do you live? and what is the price on the z6? also milage please :) im in towson.

usually all my parts have 100,000 and less....i belive the block has about 80,000 and the head was rebuilt with 60,000 miles on it....oh ive got an auto tranny too if ur interested...same price bro :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
could you guys put up known problems with motor and also milage... i wont care if it is something i can fix with parts off my old motor, thats not a big deal. And no i will not need the tranny unless you wanna help me with a 5 speed conversion :)

&edut - and to you z6 crx... where do you live? and what is the price on the z6? also milage please :) im in towson.

I cant say for sure on the exact milage on the z6 block 100,000+ maybe, but there is not head, It was in my car for about 2,000 miles changed the oil 2 or 3 times and replaced the head gasket when i got the motor. Needs a lower timing cover, it was last in my car no problems, just swapped it out for a b series. Feel free to check it out I'm not too far from Bel Air. You'll have to move an oil plug to get this to work with a non-vtec head. Pricewise im undecided, maybe 100.
I'm not sure if its been rebuilt though, i'll check the hone tonight if you want, rings are good since i didnt have any smoke at all

Back