1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Hondata s100

Discussion in 'Parts: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by Nykole0408, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

Looking for Hondata s100 chip. Lmk if you got one you want to sell.

K Thanx

2. egb19c

egb19c New Member

I have the blank SST27sf512 chips, but are you looking for just the chip, or the S100 setup??

3. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Yeah, s100 isn't a chip... what are you looking for here?

4. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

well i have an s100 i can sell you. what are you looking to spend?

5. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

Sorry guys- this Hondata stuff is new to me. I am pretty sure I will need the whole setup? All I know is we have the ECU, and a shop is going to tune it once we get the motor and turbo put in. Sorry if I'm confusing you guys.

Despain: I know they run for about $195 everywhere new. Give me a fair price and I will see what I can do. It won't be an immediate buy though, so if you have someone else offer to buy it sell it cause it will take me a bit to gather up money.

6. DESPAIN

its in my car as of now that is what i am running. i dont think i will sell it for 195 though it will be a little more than that. the reason i would sell it is i need a hondata s300. i gotta have a two step.........and what not. but when you ned it let me know. like i said it will be the ecu with hondata s100 installed.......thanks.

7. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

I can get one from Hondata for $195...

s100 <--- this is what I need

8. DESPAIN

but they are only selling the "chip
    " and thats not installed. then you have to have it installed. and then you have to have it tuned. its not just a plug and play. you have to have it soldered in. also if you will tell me what you will be running i will have a base map burnt on there for you. but you will still need it tuned. there is morer to it than just buying a s100 and plugging it in. and to be honest. you will be better off just getting a s300 forsure if you are turbo'd. s100 is kinda out dated. and alot easier to hook up and tune. in my area there are very few tuners. who will even tune an s100 any more.

9. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

Thanks for the advice. :)

We called the shop and talked to the guy that's going to tune it. He didn't have a preference on whether we installed the chip or he did (I'm sure he will charge more to install it of course), but he did say he wants a clean chip with no basemap. He wants to start it from scratch. He also prefers the s100. We don't plan on adjusting it once he gets it tuned I don't think.
    I dunno, I'm not the mechanically inclined brain in my house, so I'm just getting fed the information based on what my husband wants- since he is building the motor and turbo setup and all. I make it look nice lol.

I will definately let him read your post, however, and let him see what your advice is, because I think it's good advice. We will see what he thinks...

Btw, it will have a zc w/ a turbo, and water methanol injection. Also we will be trailering the car to his shop- it's about a 3 hour drive.

10. DESPAIN

Sounds good. And about you installing your self....... Its not like you just plug it in. It must be solderd in and its not one of those things you "diy". I will give you some info in a little while. But you should google/yuo tube it just so you will have an idea of what it is.

11. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

I will do that. Thanks for being patient with me lol.

12. DESPAIN

No problem...... Also what link can i check out the folks in your club?

13. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted