Wtf--hood Help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Ok, this shit is killing me. First off, I tried to pop my hood and the cable came off from inside my car, next I tried to pop the hood by pulling the cable from underneath the car. Then it came off. Then I took a damn crowbar and tried to pry the hood up (reason is I have no brake fluid and my brakes don't work, long story) Now I am getting impatient. I also hate my fucking ride. So the hood is dented up and looks even worse. My Q is "how the fuck do I open this fucking hood" thanks.

Milan :angry:

Plasma torch...... j/k call a tow-truck place there good at breaking into things, get a piece of metal kinda like a cloths hanger, and hook one end then get up under the car and try to work the latch.... sorry i cant help ya, personally i would just jack the bitch up and start dissasembling things from inside until i got the hood off.(ignore my previous statement)

is the cable brken off the latch in the car or at the latch on the hood

both

I tried to pop my hood and the cable came off from inside my car, next I tried to pop the hood by pulling the cable from underneath the car. Then it came off.

I will keep you guys posted on what happens, later today you should hear of some results...........i really don't want to bust out with my crowbar again.:bash:

Milan

its basically a hook thats in a hole...if you can get a thin screwdriver maybe have someone lift the hood while you push on the hook..i dont know what year hood you have

going to try now, I will keep you peeps posted.

it's an EF dx , I hate fucking EF's

Milan

Ok, got the fucker off, the front of the hood looks like someone hit my ride :) it's cool, getting new project EG soon. Anyways, I had to lift it high enough to take the bolts out that hold the latch in place, I was working with about 1 inch of space. So it finally came off and I ended up fixing my brake booster, then came the problem of removing my AC and old radiator (i needed a new radiator anways but while i was trying to open the hood up I fucked up the radiator to the point that it started to leak everywhere, a little afro engineering never hurt) so I took the entire AC system out along with the radiator and I am waiting on a new brass end tank radiator currently, should get it tomorrow or friday. Thanks for all input fellas.........

Milan

Ok picking up this tomorrow then, will be posted soon

Back