WTF, I SNAPPED ANOTHER AXLE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
What the fuck is going on here. Bought another axle....

Well, it snappped. I think I hit a whole 1 psi of boost if that I was trying to look at the boost gauge and road. I'm still having boost leak issues, I think I may have even fixed the leak BUT NO, the axle didn't want to hold up. I even went with a GSR axle this time just in case for some odd reason i didn't have the leak.

Now a GSR axle can defenitly handle 150 hp and with no boost I defenitly don't have that much.

Am I getting shitty axles or do I just have bad luck. This doesn't make sense. I can understand the other one being a piece of shit because I let it hang for an hour or two by itself. This one I put in immediately after I got it.

I was doing like 50 mph when the thing decided to take a shit.

What part is breaking, you could hvae your engine in such a position that its causing the axles to bind up and break. What mounts are you running? Also did you remove the outer dust cover seal thingy from the axle before putting it on? That could have caused the axle to be overly compressed and therefor causing it to break.

yeah, if you keep popping axles, i think you have another problem. mounts? suspension? bent a-arm? bent lca? fucked up tranny?

trans is fine.
A arms/LCA appear to be fine.

Mounts are from a teg and in fine condition.

I'll try another, if it pop this one then I'll look into replacing the LCA's and A arms first.

Actually I had replaced that whole hub, rotor, brake assembly because the axle refused to go in. I had a thread about it a while back.

I looked at it and the LCA and A arm look straight.

The axle didn't actually break this time. The ring clamp on the outer joint popped off, the axle is still intacted but of course there's no more grease inside that side so it's getting replaced.

I think I;m having bad luck.

The old axle actually destroyed itself, with pieces of the CV flying everywhere.

I'm still going to upgrade the suspension because I understeer like a bitch now anyway.

the little rubber thing on hub side?

I didn't remove it from this one, but I did on the other one.

The first one broke on the trans side, and destroyed itself.
This one the snap ring popped off and spit grease all over on the driver side and I'm not repacking it when I can get a free replacement.

Someone take a picture of this dust cover I can't see how I can take the wrong thing off but maybe I'm missing it or there is something else. I know what it is but didn't take it off, I thought maybe that was the cause of my other breakage.

I've changed plenty of axles and never had this problem. I've done this swap a few times too so I know I'm doing it right.

I didn't want to have to go through this again, it's a complete pain in the ass to have to take the whole shit apart. At least I can do it in >20 minutes now.

Ok this axle seems to be fine now. I put a whole 15 miles or so on it without any signs of breaking or any type of wear.

New problem, needs a new balljoint. The castle nut only goes on maybe 9/10ths of the way before spinning the joint. I ordered a new one today.

Back