WTF my Tranny is bleeding!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Today I refilled my tranny with honda MTF and LSD additive. Then I took it for a spin and drove in figure 8s for a while to break in my LSD.

Then, later tonight I found out that my car was pissing fluids into the gutter. Not a lot, I'd say less than 1/4-1/2 a quart. WTF is going on? I don't think the seal between the tranny housing and the tranny is bad, and I reinstalled the bolt I used to fill the tranny.

My question is: Is my tranny just bleeding off excess oil, or do I have a serious leak? My tranny was REALLY dry before I filled it, so it wasn't leaking before. It would also be helpful is someone could get me a diagram of a b16 tranny. The helms doesn't have one that shows shit.

The leak seems to be comming from these protrusions about 1" in diameter and 6-8" long sticking out of the passenger side of the front of my tranny. It looked like oil was flowing from there down the casing of the tranny.

Thanks.

-Kai

:cliffs:

-Refilled tranny today (it was almost dry before)
-Took car for a spin
-Started pissing oil everywhere later tonight
-WTF is going on?

turbob20hatch you are not allowed to speak.

kai-
you probably have a serious leak if your tranny was "REALLY" dry, you should post some pics.

Originally posted by turboB20hatch@May 3 2004, 10:49 PM
thats what u get for not using the kaaz lsd oil

That was helpful. <_<

Are you talking about the tranny vent? There's one on the passenger side that looks like a big tube. Maybe you overfilled it? You did fill the transmission through the fill plug, and only up to the fill plug hole, right?

turbo20hatch, STFU. I've seen lots of your posts and you are a complete retard. Never post on my topic again.

Calesta - Yeah, I think it may have been overfilled, because I did fill it through the fill plug (the one by the diff / axles) but the car was on an incline. I'll check it out this morning and hopefully it was just letting off some extra oil.

Hopefully that's all it is.... I've never filled the transmission on an incline, so I don't really know if it's going to bleed off from an overfill. You might want to get the entire car in the air (4 jack stands so it's level) and check the transmission fluid level just to be sure. You don't want to be driving around with a dry transmission.

Back