WTH no van section?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YBLEGAL

Regular Member w/ Cheese
Ok so I got a question about my 96 Odyssey, and there's NO van section. So since it's built on the accord platform, in this section it shall go (for now unless someone moves it).

I need a carbon fiber or fiberglass replacment hatch for it.

I have no idea if anyone even makes it. I've searched google and didn't find anything.

Mine is getting bad rust, so I wanted to turn the problem into an upgrade and never have rust there again.

Anyone know??? Thanks!

well, it doesnt matter what you think.. :D.. j/k

Heh, a carbon fiber van hatch? Good luck with that one.

Just replace it. Make sure it is prepped, sealed and painted properly and you won't have any more rust issues.

I hope so. But I mean, my family bought it new from honda, and obviously their paint is not impentrable to rust, but can it actually be prepped to last longer than honda's original paint job?

I was thinking about just calling VIS or Seibon. Probably a small fortune for a one off eh? Sigh..

I'm a complete newb to body work btw.

Remember: Honda's factory paint job is run through an automated painting machine. A hand laid paint job from a good painter is far superior.

But more important is getting a good solid coat, all over the part. And repair any chips or scratches immediately. Clean well painted sealed metal won't rust. period. It takes a chip or a scratch or a crack or a bubble in the paint, or an unpainted underside to kick it all off.

Best bet is a used/ wrecker one and maybe get someone to prep and paint it for you? Cost you far less than a custom made carbon fibre one.

A brand spanking new OEM hatch from a honda dealership would cost far less than a custom made CF one. That would be thousands to have a company build you a one-off.

Gotta admit though, CF van hatch, little ricer paint job, you'd either be a pioneer or look like an idiot. Sounds like something i'd do! Yeah, I'd say just go stock and paint it. Good luck finding one in a junk yard though. prolly have to buy one from the factory. Good luck in whatever you do.

we have a truck forum... it would probably fit in better there.

not too many people 'swap' minivans :D

As for your hatch... good luck

how bout you get a hold of a company that makes and sells carbonfiber hoods and stuff like that and get a price on a custom one...i seen a van with a carbon hatchbefore at a show

Your gunna either have to get it made or swap it for a stock one... After that i say boost!!! lol

Ya, I am boosting it. lol not now though. Gonna boost my Civic first. The van is my mom's but she's going to give it to me for my business I've been starting. It will be the company ride, but still boosted with stiffened suspension. There's nothing cooler than a van with car-style rear doors, I (and everyone I know) must say. hah

I'll probably just swap for a stock one which sucks but I'll try and have a quality paint job done. And by the way that's not going to be my practice piece. I need a new front bumper for my Civic so when I get a new one I'm going to try and paint the cracked old one myself for fun just to learn. Depending on how well I do, we'll see who paints the hatch.

But thanks to everyone for the input. If anyone happens across a fiberglass or carbon fiber one tho, let me know.

Back