WTS 99 B16 w/ ctr pistons - $2500

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

Just figured I'd put it up for you guys first before i ebay or craigslist it....

I am selling the B16 that came out of my 99 civic SI just like the title says. I yanked out the B16 to make way for the LS/VTEC. Perfect motor for all you guys trying to do legal swaps with later model cars...

Here's the deal -

The B16 had bad rings on cylinder #2.

I pulled out the P30 pistons

Gave it a light hone

Replaced the bearings

Put in CTR pistons

Everything else is STOCK with @ 75,000 miles

Comes complete with everything from oil pan to intake manifold. I also have the P30 ECU if you need that as well.

99-00 SI motors usually go for 2500-3000 USED and this motor has 0 miles on the botom end and has CTR pistons already in it!

The motor is located in the Bay Area, CA and i don't really want to ship it.

I am rarely on Hondaswap anymore so please be patient if you PM me, the best way to contact me is by my cellphone - 925-765-3966

Thanks guys
Shadney

B16's normally go for 2500-3000 for the whole swap!

Longblocks go for 900-1200

You should be selling yours for 1500 longblock at max!

Quoted post[/post]]
B16's normally go for 2500-3000 for the whole swap!

Longblocks go for 900-1200

You should be selling yours for 1500 longblock at max!

B16s go for that sure, but not ones out of 99-00 SIs. These motors are worth more just because they are legal swaps for guys with EKs. Sure you can find a first gen B16 for under a grand, but good luck finding a 99 or 2000 motor for under $2000. And thats used.

Not to mention I started the bidding at $2500 due to the outstanding reputation this website has for lowballing... :p Thanks for the bump though....

Not to be an ass, but I gotta agree with vtecsir1, I work at a junkyard and we sell the 99-00 complete swaps for $2800.

and they don't get any more legal than that...

:dry:

You guys are missing the point. Throw in a tranny and it IS a complete swap. I have the ECU, and the motor is complete. CTR pistons go for at least $250 bux w/rings, not to mention honing, new bearings and assembly.

New price - $2000

:cry: I hate you guys

I'm selling a OBD2B motor with high compression pistons, no miles and the ECU. For $2000.

You guys are listing OBD1 and OBD2A motors that are used. Find me a 99+ B series for under $2000. I dare ya.....

Back