Y1 JDM Civic SiR trans. questions.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

olde phart

Good Morning....I'm getting ready to scatter the transmission so I can get this B16 off the bench and in my '91 hatch. First....the trans is gonna' get a set of LS fifth gears, and new synchros (and anything else I find that looks the least bit shaky). My question is....am I safe using set-up clearances/tolerances for a US-spec S80/Y80 hydro transmission on this Y1? Those specs I have......the ones for the JDM transmission, I don't.

Thanks for any info...

Jim

I also (using the Mitchell On-Demand that we have here at the shop....) found the same specs for a cable A1/S1 for a USDM Integra if those will work...

What I understand is a cable trans is cable and a hydro trans is hydro. So specs for USDM B series Integra cable transmission should be the same for your cable B16 tranny. Does it have an LSD?

That's kinda' what I was thinking....I'll measure stuff up using the '90 Integra specs I printed off.
Yeah....it does have an LSD also. What I've seen so far taking it apart....is that it's never been apart. Everything I've looked at so far is OEM stuff. Mint (original Honda) clutch, no heat spots on the pressure plate or flywheel, etc. I wouldn't have guessed that there were any out there that hadn't been flogged to some extent. Maybe it really is "low miles".....like everyone advertises.....

Back