1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

y7/y8 mini me swap last question(s) before start up

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 2kEj6, Apr 24, 2017.

1. 2kEj6

2kEj6 New Member

Hello all,
    first post on Honda Swap..28/male/northern california..I've been doing my build thread at civicforums.com with not much help/input Especially with technical questions etc.

My car is a 2000 civic lx sedan auto (for now) - got bored with it did the y8 IM swap...head gasket leak..found a rebuilt head for cheap decided i would swap out the head if I'm going through all that work for head gasket..now im not 100% here'

(until army benefits kick in $$ wise for school/regular compensation its somewhat a budget build)

I've researched and i'm getting mixed responses so here is what i have as the setup for start up. a d16y7 block, new gasket with rebuilt y8 pj2 off another 2000.(vtec solenoid arrives today 24 April and knock sensor Tuesday) y7 fuel rail with y8 injectors, y8 IM off a 5 speed so bought a block off plate for rear IACV) y7 TB/ IACV, and a p2p ECU out of a 99 ex automatic..what I cant get a clear answer on is
    1. y7 TB worked when i just had a y8 IM swap can it still work with the full head swap? Also have integra ls TB..
    2. was told the Automatic p2p ECU would not work with a y7 transmission? I had to flash the p2?
    3. Is it Ok to temporarily run y7 fuel rail with y8 injectors? I know y8s on a stock y7 would run rich..would this run too lean?
    those are the 3 that make me think i just wasted time/money especially the p2p ecu..(i do know i have to wire knock/Vtec etc)can anyone verify or have any input? thanks..

picture is prior to moving the fps/etc
    20170421_221211.jpg
    Copy of FB_IMG_1484872661698.jpg

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

use the y8 intake manifold/tb/rail/injectors, and its ok all honda d/b and prob more stock injectors are all 240cc

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted