y8 belt same as z6 belt?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So, I'm doing the z6 swap on my 90 Si. I thought I was getting a Y8, however ended up being Screwed over on Ebay and got a Z6. Luckily the head gasket works and is from what i'm told better, and so did the intake and exhaust gaskets and obviously the water pump because it's on the block. My question is, is the timing belt the same? My honda friend here and in KC said yes, however the part number is a different number. I want to know if I need to waste another $40 on that.

As well, the dood that screwed me over sent me the valve cover but none of the bolts, anyone know where I can get these cheap ?

This swap is turning into a nightmare. . I'm regretting doing such a thing. My next worry is making the dist fit, I don't like that one bit.

Thanks!

Dr.

From what I have been told the z6 and y8 timing belts are not the same. Did you already buy a timing belt for a y8? If you did why not return it or exchange it for the one you need on the z6? Are you planing on using your obd0 distributor? If so then you will have to make a notch for it to fit. As far as the bolts for the valve cover I'm not sure about it. Good luck with your swap.

yes I already bought the belt, because I was told I was getting a y8 head. I can't return it because I bought it online, honda autmotive. . .
I made the a6 Dist fit in the z6 head today no sweat. . .just need a washer or two to bolt it in, should it be this easy?

I'm going to stay OBD0, use a switch and have Turboedit, Parker is gonna redo the a/f radio's for VTEC for me and compensate for VTEC, which is nice.

Dr.

Its easey to make the distributor fit. The front and top bolts are the only ones you can use. Cut the grooves with a hacksaw or drimmell. No sweat. I cant remember what belt i used.

to see if the timing belt works, put it on and if it fits then your a pimp...
you can get those valve cover bolts from a place in houston called bottom line there number is 281 446 1818. its a salvage yard for hondas only so thell have soooo many im sure of it. talk to skip or rick. only thing is if you dont want to go through that much trouble just for some bolts.

Back