Y8 or Z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It would be cheaper and easier if you don't have a engine hoist and the tools, ect.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think with a D15Z1 block and D16Z6 head you get a really low compression ratio, which will be a loss in power.

All D15's (except the D15B from Japan - D16Z6 equivalent) have smaller bearing journals than the D16's.

I would personally go for the D16Z6 whole motor for peformance wise.

If you don't have tools and an engine hoist maybe find a shop to do it, or learn.:)

My brother-in-law actually owns his own shop and was gonna be doing the swap for me, so I don't think the hoist/tools would be too big of an issue. I appreciate the advice. I didn't get this kinda response on honda-tech lol...

It would be cheaper and easier if you don't have a engine hoist and the tools, ect.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think with a D15Z1 block and D16Z6 head you get a really low compression ratio, which will be a loss in power.

All D15's (except the D15B from Japan - D16Z6 equivalent) have smaller bearing journals than the D16's.

I would personally go for the D16Z6 whole motor for peformance wise.

If you don't have tools and an engine hoist maybe find a shop to do it, or learn.:)

:withstupid:
with the z1 pistons and z6 head the compression will be really low. whole z6 swap ftw!

My brother-in-law actually owns his own shop and was gonna be doing the swap for me, so I don't think the hoist/tools would be too big of an issue. I appreciate the advice. I didn't get this kinda response on honda-tech lol...
Well there you go.

Good luck my friend :thumbsup: And happy holidays!:santa3:

honda-tech sucks. it's known as "drama-tech".

if you aren't an asshat, you get good answers from this forum.

honda-tech sucks. it's known as "drama-tech".

if you aren't an asshat, you get good answers from this forum.
I wouldn't know. But from other HondaSwap members I heard the same "bitchyness" from Honda-Tech members.

I wouldn't know. But from other HondaSwap members I heard the same "bitchyness" from Honda-Tech members.
it's all about how you ask the question.

example-

option A: "i jus bot a cvc and want mad pwer to beat stupid domestics. wht cn i do...:huh::huh::huh:"

option B: "Hello, I'm new to hondas and haven't been able to find information regarding a swap. I'm looking for about 200 hp, but I need a little help. I have $1000, what should i do?"

we don't piss on the people with a brain.

I have a brain and received no reply!!

it's all about how you ask the question.

example-

option A: "i jus bot a cvc and want mad pwer to beat stupid domestics. wht cn i do...:huh::huh::huh:"

option B: "Hello, I'm new to hondas and haven't been able to find information regarding a swap. I'm looking for about 200 hp, but I need a little help. I have $1000, what should i do?"

we don't piss on the people with a brain.

I have a brain but I'm wondering why noone has replied to anything that I posted?. I just need some help with my d16a6/d16y8 rebuild. I'm not looking for huge power gains, obviously since I don't have a b16a2. I just wanted something better than 98hp and 72tq (my old d15b2), so I figure that the 128hp and 108tq (d16a6/d16y8) will be fine!. I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions and sorry if I sounded like a prick, I was just wondering. Also, I'm wondering what "dizzy" I should use with a p06 ecu?? (what will mount on the head?). Thanks a lot in advance guys. Have a safe and Merry Christmas to all!!.;)

My current list of supplies:
Y8 T-Belt
New valve stem seals
New camshaft oil gasket
p06 ECU (I ordered a p28 off ebay.ca and didn't receive a p28, instead I received a p06:S)
Custom MPFI swap wiring

I agree the magic bootyhole comment Just throw a z6 head on it

yeah that would be a good idea with a different block or pistons. the compression ratio would be ~7.76:1 with the z1 pistons

tru about that........... it would be a great set up your also putting a turbo on it though but all motor it would'nt be that great.

z6 plain and simple. Something good and decent which will save you the headaches if you are trying to avoid some. It plugs right in with your OBD1 wiring, so it would be fairly easy.

I have the Y8 head but I'm setting it up as a z6, will this be ok?. Also I have an A6 IM on the Y8 head. Would you be able to guide me through how to set this swap up??. Please!, Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!!

z6 plain and simple. Something good and decent which will save you the headaches if you are trying to avoid some. It plugs right in with your OBD1 wiring, so it would be fairly easy.

Yeah, I think this is probably the best solution for me. A Z6 engine hopefully wouldn't be too hard on my wallet, and it probably would be a lot better than just throwing a Z6 head on my Z1. Appreciate the help a bunch!

So... I'm still kinda up in the air about a tranny. Should i keep the stock VX tranny, or swap it out as well? Any opinions as to what tranny I should get? Thanks :]

Yeah, I think this is probably the best solution for me. A Z6 engine hopefully wouldn't be too hard on my wallet, and it probably would be a lot better than just throwing a Z6 head on my Z1. Appreciate the help a bunch!

So... I'm still kinda up in the air about a tranny. Should i keep the stock VX tranny, or swap it out as well? Any opinions as to what tranny I should get? Thanks :]

ex/si tranny ftw! the vx tranny sucks

yeah, lol..
the gears are noticably long. hella kills the acceleration.

Dude get a real D motor join us evil people and get a JDM D15B, I've got 1 and it smokes the D16z6 and y8 :) oh did I mechion it costs like $800 bucks or less to get 1? and there awesome :) ... just my thought

Back