Y8 to D15B swap almost done!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whudupfoo

JDM EK
I swapped out my y8 for a 3 stage vtec d15b. There are two more little problems i still need to work out. First, being that there are two vtech sileoids is it ok to only hook up the vtec and not the vtec-E? aslo i cant get it to idle steady. Does anyone have an idea why that is? I appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

Wrong ECU maybe? Because of the VTEC-E, it's probably giving it too much fuel. Also, check and clean the FITV and IACV.

When none of the solenoids are activated, VTEC-E is "on". Once the first solenoid is activated, then it runs the normal 16v "low" mode, and the second solenoid is "hi" mode.

o! i hooked up the green and yellow silenoid and i expected to hit vtec at 5.5 or so just like i did with my y8 but i didnt. all i noticed was quicker acceleration. is that the difference between high and low? cuz it felt like it kicked in around 3

I think that's VTEC-E into "Low". IIRC, "Hi" doesn't kick in until around 6000rpm; so it goes like this; VTEC-E then at around 2500rpm, -> 16valve "low"->6000rpm 16valve "hi".

i hooked up the green and yellow wire cuz it was the same color as the wire coming from the ECU, should i hook up the green and yellow wire to the red one?

connect the red solenoid to a ignition-on 5v source... this way youll be in 16v mode as soon as you fire the car up. leave the other green solenoid connected up to your stock harness just the way you have it.

do you have any suggestion as to what 5v source i should hook up the red wire to? i took out my a/c and cruise control... would one of those work?

no i dont, use a volt meter and start checking random wires around the fuse box. anyone you tap into will be fine as long as its a 5v source. some people will tell you to splice into a 12v source but that "MAY" burn out the solenoid

Back