Y80 tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

hey people i need to know what car a Y80 tranny came out of. i checked the reference section but it has that tranny listed for a few different applications.

i need to know because i'm trying to buy a tranny off of someone local and i wanted to see what kind it is first.

the Y80 is in several different cars with several different gear sets

S80 came on the following motors:

JDM 98-01 ITR (all had LSD)

US 94-01 ITR/JDM 95-97 ITR/JDM 92-00 SiR/CTR (all had the same gear ratio, as the Y21/S4C/Y80)

US LS/GS/SE (non LSD)

So depending on the final drive, and the gear ratios, you could narrow it down.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 3 2003, 01:14 PM
S80 came on the following motors:

JDM 98-01 ITR (all had LSD)

US 94-01 ITR/JDM 95-97 ITR/JDM 92-00 SiR/CTR (all had the same gear ratio, as the Y21/S4C/Y80)

US LS/GS/SE (non LSD)

So depending on the final drive, and the gear ratios, you could narrow it down.

i doubt the moron i'm getting it from knows what the final drive is or the gear ratio for that matter.

fuk...i'm screwed.

Well worse case scenerio is it is the LS non LSD, hyper long gear one, and it destroys all power you B16 is producing:(

Of course if it has the LSD stamp on the case, it is a damn fine GSR/SiR/ITR tranny.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 3 2003, 01:18 PM
Well worse case scenerio is it is the LS non LSD, hyper long gear one, and it destroys all power you B16 is producing:(

Of course if it has the LSD stamp on the case, it is a damn fine GSR/SiR/ITR tranny.

the guy just got back to me and told me it's a GSR tranny. i'm going to have him write me up a bill of sale and state in there that it is indeed a GSR tranny otherwise he'll refund my money.

i offered him $500 for it, it has 80K miles.

what do you guys think, good deal or should i pass on it?

I got my s4 tranny for 300 plus shipping and it had 16k on it, now that was a great bargain, I just searched hard enough and it came up.

It's an ok deal...if you need it badly then get it, if not then I think you will be able to get a better tranny for that price, like from the SiR.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 3 2003, 05:36 PM
I got my s4 tranny for 300 plus shipping and it had 16k on it, now that was a great bargain, I just searched hard enough and it came up.

It's an ok deal...if you need it badly then get it, if not then I think you will be able to get a better tranny for that price, like from the SiR.

Milan

where did you end up getting your from? private seller or major distributor?

Back