yeah so it snowing now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

im drivin a 90 teg and in the last few days my air has been kinda weak like id have it on 2 and itd feel like .5 and now its non existant. any one know any easy fix if there is one or do i need the whole thing? also my rear defrost doesnt work. drivin home is gunna be shity

go get a maximun strenght radiator flush...run it in the car for an hour while driving...then dump the fluids on the road somewhere, and refill with the antifreeze mix...and hope that it cleared the heater core...

Or try and pull the thermostat or replace it....or run with out it.

or just get home and sleep in a warm bed after the cold haul to the house.

Or...get to Wally world. buy an electical converter, that plugs into the cig lighter, and get a small ceramic heater to run in the car.

Or go to the pharmicy area...buy all kinds of those heating pads that you stick to your body....and plaster yourself with them...then get in the car and drive.

or Get some duct tape, and tape over all the airvents leading to the engine....and punch a hole in the firewall and enjoy the heat from the engine bay.

HTH's

well then...

So just the fan isn't working?

I replaced the blower motor on my 944. It wasn't that bad to replace.

Are you still getting heat in the car and no recirc., or nothing?

I went a whole winter without heat in my Saab. That sucked ass, I used to get bundled up to go anywhere.

After my 2 heater core jobs this year, they aren't so bad. It was about 4 hours labor, over all.

The cooling system isn't tough. I'm sure there is no engine blockage (Or else would be the last of your problems). Radiator flow / air flow over the radiator (By design perfected), two main hoses, heater hose and core (Got a wet floor? Does it fog up the windows instantly when you turn on the heat?)

Then you'll have to worry about how hot the engine gets. If the engine runs too cool for the heat to work (As happened in my Loyale this year) replace the thermostat. Running without a thermostat won't give you heat, it will take it away.

like i said it was working half assed(fan) and now noting no fan or heat/hotair and when i hit the button to switch from feet face and that stuff i can hear the little motor that changes the direction strainin to move but it does. and it fogs up like a bitch but only when im in it cuz thre is no air to change temp just body heat. so i have no clue. i figured there might be an easy answer cuz i thought it might be a comon problem like the motor in the antena that makes horrible noises

Back