yipeeee.....my h22a accord swap IS complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingmarc63

My 3rd gear grinds sometimes when engaged...
my mechanic said it might be a faulty tranny synchro tru the previous owner beating on it too much :( :(
1. WHATS DO YOU GUYS THINK?
2. HOW LONG do YU THINK THE TRANNY HAS LEFT OR CAN I JUST CHANGE THE SYNCHROS?
3. dO YOU THINK A FRESH DOSE OF HONDA TRANNY FLUID MIGHT HELP??
...I haven't pickd the car up yet but when i do i will submit pics

THANKS

IT is a jdm h22a tranny
do you think if i don't use the 3rd gear as much might save it also
ie. (7k rpm) shifts in first and second then jumping to fourth on occasions
just a thought??

People who don't like Honda's might wanna visit the fordswap.com, subaruswap.com, nissanswap.com, or some other website. :slap:

Originally posted by tab@Nov 27 2003, 12:41 AM
People who don't like Honda's might wanna visit the fordswap.com, subaruswap.com, nissanswap.com, or some other website. :slap:

hmm thats funny you said that! lol... im getting a wrx! but anyways this is off topic!

Originally posted by driver1@Nov 27 2003, 12:50 AM
i second that but also if it isnt a bad syncro i would assume you have some shift fork play

I know Preludes have a shift cables that push-pull to change gears do they still have forks and shit?

Some people seem to think that GM Syncromesh is a half-cure. I have not tried it myself, but am willing......do a search on it.

-liquin

Hey Ive heard friends that have had bad syncros and so they use Lucus Oil transmission fluid! Its really thick and i guess it works good! give it a try! I think its around 7.00 and its carried by most autozones, napas, or what ever your favorite automotive store is!

how long do you guys thing i have with those synchros before its totally fucked..?
Ps. if i don't drive too hard all the time
thanks for all the input

Fucked for every day driving, or fucked like stuck? You could probably drive it into the ground with fucked synchros, but your every day shifting would suck. If you line up your engine rpms with your tranny, or double clutch, you could shift without using the clutch. I doubt you'd get stuck anywhere for quite a while unless something major snaps inside. Good luck.

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Nov 27 2003, 11:51 AM
Hey Ive heard friends that have had bad syncros and so they use Lucus Oil transmission fluid! Its really thick and i guess it works good! give it a try! I think its around 7.00 and its carried by most autozones, napas, or what ever your favorite automotive store is!

my 2nd gear grinded...that shyt did the job :thumbsup:

what lucas manual tranny oil did you use?
I only saw these listed below and i know honda manual tranny use regula motor oil????

Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer (1 Quart)
Lucas 15/40 High TBN Truck Oil (Gallon)
Lucas Transmission Fix
Lucas 20/50 Plus Racing Oil

let me know
thanks

ha ya that is pretty obvious butthats ok. Integrabuildup: yes they still have a shift for inside the tranny even though it is a cable shift linkage

I only saw these listed below and i know honda manual tranny use regula motor oil????
wrong honda transmisions use honda munual trans fliuld not motor oil and if you have an lsd they use honda lsd additive my lsd cluncked i changed the fluild added lsd additive now its perfect

hey Kingmark63

just use the Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer along w/ new oil if your gonna put anything into it.
If you have an LSD then it's a different story but otherwise just drain your tranny fluid and try that out.

Another suggestion would be to use synthetic oil. I put mobile 1 Full Synthetic into my tranny and it really smoothed things out (yes it was grinding at first but i think it was b/c the fluid was so low)

Back