You Got No Turbo But Want Bov Noise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
so i was on the Turbo "d" series board, which imo, is a highly respected board due to some of the mods on there....
Bizi, Mistabone....etc etc etc.

i was showing pissedoffsol a particular thread, when all of a sudden i looked at the top of the page, and they had THIS ad...ebay

WTF????

<<edit>> scroll down a bit, and you can hear an actual audio file of what it sounds like......

how fucking stupid can you get? what kind of idiot buys this shit?

Too bad the sound will be coming from the exhaust instead from under the hood....uh..duh

Whats really sad is that some idot will actually spend money on that.

looks like it will greatly hinder exhaust flow too

That sounds like pure fricking ass anyways, sounds like the guy is back firing inbetween gears and when he slows down, all you hear is pop pop pop pop pop because of yeah, the hindered exhaust flow. That goes up with the gayest product ever award, probably like 5th I think.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jun 12 2003, 02:38 PM
sounds like the guy is back firing inbetween gears and when he slows down, all you hear is pop pop pop pop pop because of yeah, the hindered exhaust flow

Gee, that's funny. My old B20 sounded like that, and it was because of good exhaust flow and a good flow path straight to the engine. Hmm.

:p

That clip sounds more like someone rolling over expansion joints in the road though, and not backfires or air "popping" from flow disruption.

that gives people like ME whose car are (well, it will be by next sat. hopefully)
boosted a bad name.

hrmmm.....wonder if i can get a silent bov from a stock car such as a mitsu or something.....

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 12 2003, 11:42 AM

Gee, that's funny. My old B20 sounded like that, and it was because of good exhaust flow and a good flow path straight to the engine. Hmm.

:p

That clip sounds more like someone rolling over expansion joints in the road though, and not backfires or air "popping" from flow disruption.

Yeah, I had an old ass 89integra before I got the civic(hence the name) and it backfired in between gears and would pop slowing down, so that sound just really brought back bad memories.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jun 12 2003, 04:20 PM
silent BOV = -_-

anyone know where i can get a silent bov from? and like what exactly would i be looking for in terms of
which make and model car etc?

and are they REALLY that silent? i might be coming up on a older fmic from a toyota supra (198?)

i just need to find out where i can get the piping done at for cheap

Originally posted by karnash+Jun 12 2003, 05:20 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Jun 12 2003, 04:20 PM
silent BOV = -_-

anyone know where i can get a silent bov from? and like what exactly would i be looking for in terms of

and are they REALLY that silent? i might be coming up on a older fmic from a toyota supra (198?)

I'm not sure if you can use it but, the stock diverter valve (not BOV) from the VW Jetta 1.8t is very quiet, almost not there. However, it still does the job. Why are you trying to get a silent bov but still get a front mount IC? If your trying to hide the fact that your turbo, wouldn't the IC give that away? Anyway, check that out, maybe it works, maybe not. I'm guessing that sucker might be pretty expensive though. :D

A lot of BOV's are quiet because they vent the pressure back into the engine somewhere, and not into the atmosphere.

if you want to quietly boost your car, you need a DV [DIVERTER VALVE] not a BOV [BLOW OFF VALVE] the dv vents the excess boost back into the intake tract while the bov vents to the atmoshpere, which is bad any ways b/c it causes you to run lean between shfts.

Originally posted by Paperchaser013@Jun 13 2003, 10:03 AM
if you want to quietly boost your car, you need a DV [DIVERTER VALVE] not a BOV [BLOW OFF VALVE] the dv vents the excess boost back into the intake tract while the bov vents to the atmoshpere, which is bad any ways b/c it causes you to run lean between shfts.

Are you saying that the BOV is bad or the DV?

Originally posted by Paperchaser013@Jun 13 2003, 10:03 AM
which is bad any ways b/c it causes you to run lean between shfts.

Uh... how, may I ask? Your engine measures the air mass flow after the blow off valve, not before- plus if your theory holds true and the engine was measuring air after the blow off valve, it would run rich not lean, because it's spraying fuel for air that isn't there.

Please elaborate.

karnash...why not just get a Blitz stutter BOV. it sounds nice. i heard it on a Eclipse once and i fell in love with it. the best part was that the owner of the eclipse was this hot chick. she had tried to fuk with me in my mustang and at the next red light i inquired about it.

hot chick w/ GS-T Eclipse plus Blitz stutter BOV = :wub:

I saw some crazy bitch on the highway the other day in a GST with a liscence plate of "FASTENUF". haha she smoked my ass coming out of a tollbooth.

Originally posted by dcsports413+Jun 13 2003, 08:09 AM-->
Originally posted by karnash@Jun 12 2003, 05:20 PM
liquid00meth
@Jun 12 2003, 04:20 PM
silent BOV =   -_-

I'm not sure if you can use it but, the stock diverter valve (not BOV) from the VW Jetta 1.8t is very quiet, almost not there. However, it still does the job. Why are you trying to get a silent bov but still get a front mount IC? If your trying to hide the fact that your turbo, wouldn't the IC give that away? Anyway, check that out, maybe it works, maybe not. I'm guessing that sucker might be pretty expensive though. :D

i was told that the supra fmic, was easy to install and the piping was a cinch.

can anyone reccomend a good smic that wont cost an arm and a leg to get piping made?

and another reason is that the supra fmic is black. this is all info im relating to you guys through other people
so if its wrong, dont flame :D

i just want my car to look and sound as stock as possible, and i might get a wild hair up my ass in the coming weeks
and put my 00 gsr rims up for sale on here and roll around on stockies.

i have a stock exhaust and plan to keep it that way as long as possible....even if i have to hollow it out or something, i dont need a fucking "RRAAAAH RAAAAAAAH" sound coming from a coffee can.....

believe me, if i could afford it, i would buy me a nice newer supra or s2000 and be done with it. but, i cant so here i am

i like my car to have balls, and fixed up hondas to me are the only option at this point in my financial life :lol:

Back