you know you grew up in the 80's if....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NKotB weren't cool, I agree. Now Menudo....

30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.

I WANT ONE. Thanks for reminding me !

-> Steve

I had a thing for zebra stripes in the 80s. Black and white British Knights were my upgrade from JOX sneakers. I had a full Robert Smith spike, and a tail in the back - If you caught me on an important date it was braided. I wore vests, and leather neck ties (I still have some !) The only cartoons I watched were Transformers / G.I. Joe and the occasional Voltron would I could catch it before soccer practice. I remember the BMX movie "RAD" and I had a Huffy for dirt, Mongoose free styler and a Schwinn road bike, all from the dumpster. (I had a ape-hanger cruiser bicycle as well, but that was much more 60's than 80s)

I was also part of the last really cool Cereal Box Gift generation. They don't give out cool things in boxes anymore - Just CDs. Fuck CDs in cereal boxes.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 23 2004, 02:11 PM-->
Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Feb 23 2004, 08:20 PM
Hatchbacks Anonymous
@Feb 23 2004, 01:13 PM
Hella memories!!

28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.

:bo: :werd:

that is so funny! i was reminiscing about that yesterday. We had the exact same thing in France!

Just not till '98.

:p :poke:

j/p

:lol: funny man :)

i have the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire theme song on my pc...hehe
i had one of the hyper color shirts...was cool shit!

man that shit just brought back an assload of memories!!!

Oregon trail was the shizzz. I played it in blck/green in first grade, and in color in fifth. Saturday morning cartoons was the best part of the week

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 23 2004, 04:12 PM

I was also part of the last really cool Cereal Box Gift generation. They don't give out cool things in boxes anymore - Just CDs. Fuck CDs in cereal boxes.

captain nintendo, and zelda cereal!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 23 2004, 11:32 PM
count chocula. nuff said. :)

there were much more of those girly rhymes that i do remember... and all the double dutch ones.

Remember when there were three chefs on the box of Cinamon Toast Crunch? How about Cap'n Crunch and the soggies?

:blink: :blink: :blink: :angry: :angry: :ph34r:

fawken list..... :ph34r:

Now I do feel old.... :(

born in the middle of nowhere and we had all that shit... Oregan trail was huge since it went through my town. Played it everyday in school.

Why were slap braclets banned? I remember them slightly.

Remember when there were three chefs on the box of Cinamon Toast Crunch?

Funny thing is, my freind and I were just talking about this last week. Kinda strange isn't it.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 24 2004, 01:45 PM
Why were slap braclets banned? I remember them slightly.

Funny thing is, my freind and I were just talking about this last week. Kinda strange isn't it.

I think it's because the metal cut through the fabric on some and some kid probably got a little scratch on his wrist

Ya, they were just little pieces of metal that were bent on like a skateboard shape with out the / things at both ends. I remember those things were sorta sharp with out the fabric. Like little mini razorblades for children.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 24 2004, 01:45 PM

Funny thing is, my freind and I were just talking about this last week.

I say the one remaining chef bought out the shares of the other two in a hostile takeover of the cinnamon and sugar business.

There isn't even a chef anymore is there. It just shows the cinnamon swirls in every bite.

The slap braclets were probably banned because everyone kept smacking the shit out of each other. We use to have wars with those things.

Back