you might be from new england if...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Forget Rednecks ... here's what Jeff Foxworthy has to say on New Englanders:

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping it will swim by, you might live in New England.

If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Mt. Washington is the coldest spot in the nation, and Boston gets more snow than any other major city in the US, you live in New England.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in New England. ( we don't even have real DQ..it's "whippy dip")

If you instinctively walk like a penguin for six months out of the year, you live in New England.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you live in New England.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in New England.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in New England.

"Vacation" means going anywhere south of New York City for the weekend.

You measure distance in hours.

You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

You have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day, and back again.

You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching! .

You install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked.

You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend/wife knows how to use them.

You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction. TOOOO TRUE

Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
"Down South" to you mean Philadelphia.

Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new shed. (...pig pen et al)

Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

You find 10 degrees "a little chilly."
You actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your New England friends

:lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 19 2005, 09:16 AM
You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching! .
[post=556565]Quoted post[/post]​

Which is very quite accurate. they cancel school in North Carolina for a heavy rain

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 19 2005, 08:16 AM

Damn right.

hahahahahah :lol:
i live in new england and just about any store i go to and ask for help they usually say "ohh and i uhh don't work here." my girlfriend knows how to use a jumper cable. and just to let you know it ain't gonna be fall this season. it's gonna be almost winter.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 19 2005, 09:16 AM
If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in New England.

"Vacation" means going anywhere south of New York City for the weekend.

You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

You find 10 degrees "a little chilly."

how right he is.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Sep 19 2005, 09:52 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 19 2005, 09:16 AM

Which is very quite accurate. they cancel school in North Carolina for a heavy rain
[post=556575]Quoted post[/post]​

they cancel school in Cincy for an inch of snow. seriously, have a friend who is from t here, when they get like 3 inches they close down highways and roads.. pussies.

"You measure distance in hours"

HAHAH Yeah, I freaked people out in Colorado with that one. "How far is Arvada from you?" "IT's about 20 minutes away" "..... That's a measurement of time"

"Florissant is 30 minutes away, or it's 5 hours if you take the Rampart". People in my complex just looked at me funny.

:werd: That describes my neighborhood exactly...we actually welcome the snow, because if it's just cold and ice, the road cracks and potholes form so bad that it can easily destroy a suspension unless you go like 10 mph or under...

You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction. TOOOO TRUE

:werd: x 2

Just finishing up "road contstruction season" right now, soon be moving on to "almost winter!" LOL!

You might be from New England if...

You have 3 sets of wheels for your daily driver.

-Your "summer wheels"

-Your "winter wheels"

-Your "track" wheels.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 19 2005, 08:16 AM-->
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in New England. ( we don't even have real DQ..it's "whippy dip")
We have like 3 dairy queens over here...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+-->
pissedoffsol) said:
If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you live in New England.
SO TRUE!!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol

ya know... i didnt even realize i did this until right now... :lol:

Did that yesterday, and again today.

Who can't? :blink:

pissedoffsol
@
You install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked.

Guilty... :unsure:

pissedoffsol

ESPECIALLY on my road.. (I live on a dirt road)

Back