z6 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skellagher

Elder Driver
Ok heres the scoop... i got a complete z6 head from my brother for free but heres the catch... its completely disassembled except the valves and springs can any one give me a write up or something on assembling a head. my brother told me all parts are there to build it including brand new vtec solenoid i just cannot figure out how to put it together. my all data account will not give me a walk through this sux:(

just take it to a machine shop, you don't have a spring compressor. plus you can get it ported and hot tanked.

no need for a compressor if hes assembling..
lube the cam journals.set the cam on the head..lube the cam then set the rocker assembly on the cam..torque it down to spec and there ya go

I think what he's saying is that the rocker assembly is in pieces also.. A haynes manual shows you a diagram of how to put the rocker assembly together..

well i have the y7 block and now this z6 head but i am rebuilding my block now with y8 internals but my ? now is i got a y8 timing belt and gasket kit can i use the y8 timing belt on my y7/z6/y8 combo

my plans for my sedan are to gut it due to interior being garbage anyway paint it electron blue pearl (99-00 SI blue if u didnt know)"thank god i have a rust free body", doing a FULL skunk2 suspension set up, rota wheels, do DA brake system work on EF? if so Are the rotors any bigger? oh yea another thing im ordering next paycheck is a rebuilt L3 SI trans with limited slip that should make things fun hehe. i will start posting pics of the whole build as soon as i get my digital camera back from getting fixed. i cant wait till i get it all.

if your using a z6 head then you get the z6 timing belt..and a z6 head gasket kit..
yes the rear disk from the da will work..you NEED to get the ebrake cable with the setup though..and you should get the 40/40 prop valve from it..
as for a cam you can use stock or go aftermarket..
zex,crower.etc...
also if you can get ur hands on one use an auto y8 intake mani..it is the best flowing mani and the auto will plug right in.

i dont think i do for dx, or si for hf and std i would though

Back