ZC bolts right in?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
i just got a 90 crx si. HMO has ZC longblocks for about 500 bucks. im kinda new to the ZC thing, it seems like this will bolt right in, but i couldt find anything for sure with the search....So, using stock ECU, stock harness, stock Si tranny, clutch, flywheel, axles, just dropping in the ZC engine, will all of this work? And if not, what needs to be changed? Thanks

-Chris

I haven't done the swap but from what I've read it drops right in w/o any problems. Every part should be interchangble b/t the si and the zc. I think you can get a different ecu to get a little more performance but the stock SI should work fine.

Yes it will work and it is really easy to do. There is one simple wiring modification to do. http://www.dmoore.com/crx/zc-phase3.htm This page outlines what to do. It is about the 7th pic down. You will want to get a new clutch also. I reused my SI tranny and axles. You may want to get some new SI mounts if yours are bad. If you plan on reusing your SI tranny and axles, I found it really easy to leave the axles in the hub. That way you dont have to worry about busting that bolt loose. If you want to use the stock ZC 4-2-1 header get a EG Civic A pipe to connect it to your exhaust. So far I have been really impressed with my swap. I only have about 1200 in it total and its fairly quick. I beat GSRs and I can hang with my friends B16a2 powered EG Civic. Make sure you get some sticky tires because the ZC makes a lot more low end torque. Mine dynoed at 116 hp and 104 ft lbs with just an intake.

Back