1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zc/D17 stroker

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by D15Beater, Jan 19, 2008.

1. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

It is my understanding that all 1.6 cranks are the same and interchangable between blocks. i am also under the impression from what ive gathered that a d17 crank/rod/piston assembly will fit in a d16y7/y8 block with little if no fabrication. I believe the a6 block has to be worked a little for the crank to clear the inside of the block.

www.thezcr.com - crank

Heres my thing, the zc is a stout well made engine, I know its not vtec but i have raced b16 eg's and held my own if not took a little, so heres my ?? If the a6 crank will work in a zc block, and a y8 block, and the d17 crank assemblys work in the y8 blocks then will a 1.7 crank/piston/rod unti work in a ZC??? Or a d16a1??I wish i had the resources to try this out, I think a stroked out dohc 1.6 would run great.

2. dtob

dtob New Member

It's not worth the work to get it done.

I'm sure it's possible but there would be LOTS of R&D to be had and WAY too much work for the hp that you would get out of it. You'd be better off just getting a b16 swap which would be a straight swap and you'd probably get about the same HP gain from.

3. dtob

dtob New Member

Or build a z6.

The d17 stroker thing is too much work and isn't worth it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted