Zc/D17 stroker

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D15Beater

HNFTuning
It is my understanding that all 1.6 cranks are the same and interchangable between blocks. i am also under the impression from what ive gathered that a d17 crank/rod/piston assembly will fit in a d16y7/y8 block with little if no fabrication. I believe the a6 block has to be worked a little for the crank to clear the inside of the block.

www.thezcr.com - crank

Heres my thing, the zc is a stout well made engine, I know its not vtec but i have raced b16 eg's and held my own if not took a little, so heres my ?? If the a6 crank will work in a zc block, and a y8 block, and the d17 crank assemblys work in the y8 blocks then will a 1.7 crank/piston/rod unti work in a ZC??? Or a d16a1??I wish i had the resources to try this out, I think a stroked out dohc 1.6 would run great.

It's not worth the work to get it done.

I'm sure it's possible but there would be LOTS of R&D to be had and WAY too much work for the hp that you would get out of it. You'd be better off just getting a b16 swap which would be a straight swap and you'd probably get about the same HP gain from.

Back