zc dist question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

ok i got a sohc zc, i went to swap my dx harness over to the engine and everything fit except the dist. plugs. is there a modification i have to make? i swaped the dist for my one off the engine of my 91 crx dx. will this work? I also have a problem with the tps on the zc. its broke in half!!!! can i get a tps off another american honda? I tried the dx tps and its a no go its backwards.
Any info would be great thanks alot!!!!

You can use a Civic SI TPS. Swap the two out side wires or else the ECU will think you at WOT when you've got your throttle closed.

Man Ive got the same motor I got it through ard perf. and i used my throttle position sens. off my d15b7 as far as the dist. wiring i would have to look at it .

the dist. plugs on the DX harness don't match up to the ZC dist? the ZC probably uses the same ECU as the d16a6, which would cause it not to fit because the d16a6 has a larger round plug, I think. I don't know I've never seen a SOHC ZC and I'm trying to think back to when I did my ZC swap. I know the DX plugs matched up to the ZC dist. but wouldn't match up to the Si one. If the ZC came with a harness, use the plug from it. I think they match up color to color. tell me if I'm wrong.

your DX distributor will not work on the ZC

But you still need an sio distributor. The si one has the crank angle sensor which the dx does not have.

Ok let me see if i got this right? i can take the plug of the zc harness and swap with the dx plug. Then add the 2 extra wires for the crank sensor?
Is this correct?

Be sure when you do this that you keep track of the
2 white wires on each of your distributor plugs. It is
impossible to figure which white wire goes to which
white wire if you lose track. Label them.

Back