ZC issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timEspeed

I have a '91 DX with a DOHC ZC. I swapped in a ZC ECU and did all the DP-MPFI wiring. I'm getting a code for the CAS and the motor bogs when I step on the gas. How do I fix this code? I've checked all the wiring and every one has continuity and follows the various schematics around the net. Heelllppp.
please.
~timE

not entirely sure that this will fix the problem, but on some later model hondas 88-91 the tps wiring is reversed. usually when you do a dpfi to mpfi conversion the two end wires on the three wire tps harness need to be switched. if not when the motor is idling the ecu will think that it is in full throtle and vise versa. had this problem on an 89 civic zc. it fixed the problem

I've already done that. Like I said, I did all the wiring right, checked it 3 times!! The only thing I can think of is that the ECU is bad, but I cant really tell for sure. NEother ideas?

if you are getting a CEL code 4 crank angle sensor - could be: timing belt off by a couple of teeth - something not right in the orange and white wires from distributor to B10 & B12 - bad distributor

if the crank is at the wrong angle that could easily cause bog because everything is off, and the motor isn't making the right power. Check the timing belt, then wiring as stated above

if you are getting a CEL code 4 crank angle sensor - could be: timing belt off by a couple of teeth - something not right in the orange and white wires from distributor to B10 & B12 - bad distributor

I had the timing set, distributor checked along with wiring by a highly qualified mechanic. Is it at all possible that the CAS itself is bad?

STFU psycho. A five pound robin would be quite fat, but how does that answer my question? Understand, I thought my car would've been done like a month ago and I'm dry on cash just looking to get it running again. Take your BS elsewhere.

Originally posted by daveLafleur@Nov 16 2003, 07:10 AM
Would it be at all possible for a 5 pound Robin to be fat??

yeah for real man, i mean i know there's talk about people being nicer around here and stuff, but its people doing stupid ass shit like you that cause problems, your probably a fuckin ricer and if your not stop acting like one...

Hey... Whoa... Calm down kids. I think he was just humorously saying that yes, that could be a possibility.

Originally posted by brentmc79@Nov 17 2003, 02:40 AM
Hey... Whoa... Calm down kids. I think he was just humorously saying that yes, that could be a possibility.

gotcha, didn't catch that one...sounded like random ass babbel to me...

gotcha, didn't catch that one...sounded like random ass babbel to me...

yeah, same here

Neway, back to the question...
Is it possible that the CAS itself is bad? I think it's probably the ECU but I just want more feed back b4 I buy another one.
thanx~
~timE

Back