Zc Or B18a1 Swap For A 88crx Dx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
I want to do a swap for my 88 crx dx. but dont know what motor i schould do. i know the motors and tranny will cost me about the same all i will rebuild both motors before i put them in. i know i can just drop the zc in with some wire mods but wich motor is better?

the b18a will have more aftermarket support, more torque/hp, and take a little bit more work to get in, and cost a little bit more, but in the end will be a much better platform for you to have... you could turn it into an ls/vtec or turbo it. IMO there are more options with b18.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Jun 13 2003, 01:51 PM
I want to do a swap for my 88 crx dx. but dont know what motor i schould do. i know the motors and tranny will cost me about the same all i will rebuild both motors before i put them in. i know i can just drop the zc in with some wire mods but wich motor is better?

Yeah what he said .. B-series is the way to go. There also a motor from the 1986-1989 Integra. Same as a ZC. Might be cheaper too since those cars go for pretty cheap. Also you got all the stuff you need from it.

Originally posted by civiceg6@Jun 15 2003, 10:45 AM
Yeah what he said .. B-series is the way to go. There also a motor from the 1986-1989 Integra. Same as a ZC. Might be cheaper too since those cars go for pretty cheap. Also you got all the stuff you need from it.

Nope, sorry.. correcting you again. The 86-89 Integra engine makes less power than the DOHC ZC because of a different head (118-ish vs 130-ish), and has different mounts as well. It takes a little more work to bolt in a D16A1/A8/A9 than it does a ZC into a USDM CRX.

Back