ZC or D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thiebert

I have a 90 si and am looking for a good swap nothing to serious but a small project. Besides a small amount more power on a zc is there any reason that i should get it over a d16. I also am concerned about availability of uprades. any suggestions would help. thx

the aftermarket sucks for the zc. its hard if not impossible to find cams, and a couple other things... but other than that, its a good solid motor.

but, the z6 is newer, and will require obd1 conversion....

its really a toss up.

if it was my car, i'd go zc with a small turbo kit, and when it blew up, i'd sell the turbo stuff, part out the zc, and get a z6 :)

yeah, aftermarket sucks for the zc. jackson racing is making a supercharger for it. maybe some nitrous. but not much else.

Well, for a good all motor SOHC monster, do a D16Z6 w/ ZC Pistons. I'm going D16Z6 on my CRX, boosted of course. I will spend less and get more doing that than any DOHC swap out there.

I would go with the sohc, since they they are a dime a dozen, go for literally nothing if something bad should happen and they can make great power.

thanx for the suggestions. I think i am gonna go with the sohc just cause of the parts that are available. but what do you mean about the obd1 conversion. You mean the ecu rewiring and all that hassle?

I was thinking of just plugging the z6 into my existing ecu and then wiring a variable rpm switch up to the vtec solonoid and setting the rpm to the correct activation time. any objections?

Back