Zc Or Mini Me?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_Si

i got a 91 CRX Si w/ a d16a6. would you guys recomend going zc or just using a vtec head to mini-me the factory motor(135000mi). thanks

I would go with the zc. It is double over head cam, and you don't have to really wire anything, it just bolts right in there, no wirering Vtec or tapping the block for oil lines. Thats just what I would do.

why not just rebuild and boost what you've got right now? I'm going to rebuild my DX engine with mpfi and an si cam and then it's on to the turbo.

dude....."noofoil" there is absolutely no point in doing a d15. I have a 90 dx with all si conversion except moonroof and I did the mpfi swap.. If you turbocharge a dpfi you are going to have MAD fuel issues...guaranteed you will lean out on one cylinder and fuck it up..I did the d16z6 with header,cam gear intake and 75shot zex and I would still walk all over a d15turbo....there was a bone stock dx at the track 2weeks ago with a 75shot on it and its best time was 16.4 and mine was a 15.7 ....along with my buddis stock dx ran a 17.9 .......so dont waste your time.. :spin:

I'm doing an mpfi swap when I rebuild, I guess I should have said that, I'm also posting the block. And I'm doing it because everyone and their brother has a zc or b16 or some other type of bseries.

I guess... but for the money of buying one of those engines I can build the block that I already have to be stronger than those.

Just FYI I did the ZC swap on a 4DR civic 90 and I have to say that :D , well it did pretty good on the track (15.8) @ 93 amd that my friend is not bad. It has a DC header, exhuast, AEM fuel regulator, cam gear & ram air filter, MSD 6A, 2 inch pipe & magnecor cables. And I still have not taking the car to the DYNO. It's no the most power but it's good to start with in a couple of months I'll go (B16) and that's another league.....

Try the ZC you won't regret it

Back