ZC performance parts question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JMG2K3SRT4

Hi, Im new to Hondas and am about to buy a friends 91 crx dx. It has a ton of miles on the factory engine so Im thinking of doing a swap. Im kinda thinking of doing a ZC because of the ease but I was just wonder how mod friendly are these engines. Can intakes, headers, turbos (if I go that route) and such be found for these engines? Rigth now I cant decide if I want to do this engine or the b16a and go threw alittle more hassle with the swap. Please help.

you poor mopar loving bastard, lol

ok, lemme help you out

as far as finding aftermarket parts...
the ZC will be semi limited... finding a turbo kit for a ZC in a crx will prob be almost impossible, but the ZC motor has the exact same header bolt patterns as any D series motor...
i believe the intake manifold bolt pattern is also the same as any other D series motor...
cams might be a bit harder to find but they can be found...

things like cold air intakes and headers are readily available...

overall i would say the aftermarket support for B series motors is far superior to ZC or D series... but if you look you can usually find what you need...
may not be as many manufacturers, so fewer choices, but i wouldn't let that be the may deciding factor between B16 and ZC...

Wouldnt a zc in a dx be just as much of a hassle from dpfi to pgmfi. The only other thing is vtec wiring. B16 is just more $$ but alot more performance and aftermarket support.

Wouldnt a zc in a dx be just as much of a hassle from dpfi to pgmfi. The only other thing is vtec wiring. B16 is just more $$ but alot more performance and aftermarket support.

dropping a B into a dx will also require axle work, shift linkage work, mounts, etc etc etc...
definately more involved than a ZC swap...

is it possible to put a zc head on a d15 block?????

wtf threadjacker???

sohc zc head on d series block sure, dohc zc head on d series block = doubtful...

The ZC compared to a b16 dosnt have the same kind of support but if you build it right you can have alot of power. Check out www.thezcr.com alot of great ZC information there. Liam has a 300 somthin HP ZC I belive. I put a ZC in 91 crx dx the DPFI-MPFI swap isnt really that big of deal. My self I couldnt afford the b16 but I love my ZC huge improvement over the stock motor. Just keep your goals in mind and shoot for those. Oh yeah you can fit the Greddy 92-XX I dont rember what year it went to but you can bolt that onto your ZC ive seen a couple of sites with write ups on it. Take it easy and best of luck.

Back